Automatic starter motor

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
jeepman
Car(s): Ford GPW Jeep. Ford Capri 2.0 Ltr Laser

Automatic starter motor

Post by jeepman »

Hi all, just a quick one. Which side of the engine is the starter motor on an automatic Capri ? Were converting ours to a manual from a pile of parts and the loom suggests the starter was on the drivers side, but on the manual it's on the passenger side. It's no problem as i can re-route the cables to the pass side when i re wrap the loom with new tape. It came without the engine and auto box by the way !. I'm just curious. Thanks, Steve.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Automatic starter motor

Post by Peter-S »

jeepman wrote:Hi all, just a quick one. Which side of the engine is the starter motor on an automatic Capri ? Were converting ours to a manual from a pile of parts and the loom suggests the starter was on the drivers side, but on the manual it's on the passenger side. It's no problem as i can re-route the cables to the pass side when i re wrap the loom with new tape. It came without the engine and auto box by the way !. I'm just curious. Thanks, Steve.
Well its definitely the passenger side for a manual and I'm pretty sure its the opposite side for the auto.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

Starter motor is on drivers side .
jeepman
Car(s): Ford GPW Jeep. Ford Capri 2.0 Ltr Laser

Post by jeepman »

Thanks peter and caprigear. That makes sense and clears it up. I'll press on with the job now.