My Capri failed it MOT HELP!!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
STEVEW
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.3S
Project

Re: My Capri failed it MOT HELP!!

Post by STEVEW »

Well said "MrB".
Couldn't agree more.
Good luck "charliepinto".
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

The post was edited to remove that part AFTER I posted my reply.

I stand by exactly what I posted.

If the day ever comes when knowledgeable members of this forum cannot point out dangerous stupidity then we will be failing every human being on this earth who ever goes near a road.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Ah ha ,that's a bit sneaky chariepinto, you might have said that you had edited the post ,not fair on 340truck as it leaves his post not making sense and looking harsh ,which is what I thought, and any one searching for a solution to a similar issue might find it hard to understand the thread . Apologies 340truck for my comment :)
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Apologies Truck, that is a bit naughty Mr Pinto, perhaps you would be so kind as to put up your original post for us all, I'm looking forward to reading it
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
STEVEW
Project

Post by STEVEW »

What's been edited?

I too would like to see the unedited version. :drama:
STEVEW
Project

Post by STEVEW »

What's been edited?

I too would like to see the unedited version from "charliepinto". :drama:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For the sake of clarity the original post has been edited. The editing time at the foot of the post is clearly after 340Truck made his comments. The original post implied Charlie was looking for a cheap fix on brakes to get through an MOT hence the original response. On reflection Charlie realised his question was poorly phrased and has changed his post which is fine for anyone new reading the question and looking to help but means that having a pop at 340Truck for being unreasonable is based on inaccurate information.
Always best to look for editing before making personal comments.
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Hi Admin,

Totally agree with what your saying but even if you see that a post has been edited how is it possible to know what exactly has been edited in the post, i.e. it could be spelling errors etc, how can one know that text has been erased or changed/amended?

Mr B
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

:agree: either we can see the original post as well as the "new" version ,or no editing after your post has been replied to , or put a time limit on editing .Say, 10mins, allowing the poster to make corrections to spelling or grammar ( and now days with predictive text making some of us look illiterate ....I've disabled mine as I'm quite capable of looking stupid without help ) but stop peeps re-writing the story for whatever reason. :burnout:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mc Tool wrote::agree: either we can see the original post as well as the "new" version ,or no editing after your post has been replied to , or put a time limit on editing .Say, 10mins, allowing the poster to make corrections to spelling or grammar ( and now days with predictive text making some of us look illiterate ....I've disabled mine as I'm quite capable of looking stupid without help ) but stop peeps re-writing the story for whatever reason. :burnout:

Fair enough, there was a big window now reduced to 15 minutes. We'll see if that causes any different problems!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

:xd: I'll see what I can do :P
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Mc Tool wrote::xd: I'll see what I can do :P

:lol:
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

340truck wrote: If I had my way everyone would have to have a personal certificate allowing them to own a Capri, that had to be renewed every 12 months. If there was such a certificate I doubt anyone on this forum would recommend that you were issued one. I certainly wouldn't.

I recall a time many years ago when you were on this forum asking questions and wanting advice just like any of us. I’m sure the search engine will prove this.

I accept 100% that if you are not sure what to do with the brakes then it would be best to get it done professionally especially in this day and age. Find yourself a good old Skool mechanic and watch and learn.
25 yrs ago I taught myself and at my last mot I had the brakes within a 2% imbalance. The tester even commented how excellent it was - so it can be done if you put your mind to it responsibly.

Unless you have a previous personal problem with this gentleman I think this attitude is very unhelpful and does little more than discourage ownership and learning.

I and many others won’t be needing one of your certificates thanks.
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

340truck wrote: If the day ever comes when knowledgeable members of this forum cannot point out dangerous stupidity then we will be failing every human being on this earth who ever goes near a road.

Absolutely but no need to go into a rant - originators post edited or not. You’re more likely to be ignored or dismissed. We as a society have a responsibility to teach those upcoming in all aspects of life. It’s about balance - like the fecking brakes!!