wher to buy INNERSILLS

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Mattcapri
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser (project car)

wher to buy INNERSILLS

Post by Mattcapri »

hi i have found plenty of places selling full sills and floor pans etc, but am after innersills, anyone point me in the right direction???
cheers, matt
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: wher to buy INNERSILLS

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Ex-Pressed have them listed with or without attachments.
https://www.steelpanels.co.uk/?s=capri+inner+sill

Andrew.
Mattcapri

Post by Mattcapri »

how comes inners seem to be so much more expensive and harder to find than the outers?
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Mattcapri wrote:how comes inners seem to be so much more expensive and harder to find than the outers?
I think the reasons would be that there is less demand for inner sills and Expressed panels are the only company that make them. Further, Expressed panels are hand made to a high quality and would fit straight on to a prepared car without a lot of fettling being needed - they are made to Ford specification.

With Capri's I think many people just repair their existing inner sills if it's just and inch or two of grot at the bottom - depends whether you are doing a concourse resto or not.
Mattcapri

Post by Mattcapri »

yep mine arnt too disasterous, but im putting new floors in and to be honest i may as well just go the whole hog and replace the inner sills too- at least it will look as it should and finish the job off nicely.
thanks guys