Electric aerial not retracting

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Electric aerial not retracting

Post by D366Y »

Hi guys,

Yet another day goes by and something else goes wrong and gets added to the long list of things to do!

I turned the radio off yesterday and the aerial refused to come down, have tried to turn it on and off repeatedly and the motor still whirrs trying to send it up and bring it down again, but the aerial isn't actually moving anywhere - any ideas on why it won't just piss off back to where it should be again??

Cheers!
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Electric aerial not retracting

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Hi Danny, mine did the same, took it apart & the gears had worn inside. Don’t know if you’ve got the same issue on yours. It wasn’t worth fixing so bought a new one on eBay on Martin’s advice. There’s plenty about & they’re not expensive, probably not the answer you were hoping for, but it’ll fix it quick & easy for another 30 years :goodluck:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Electric aerial not retracting

Post by D366Y »

Caprifan Rob wrote:Hi Danny, mine did the same, took it apart & the gears had worn inside. Don’t know if you’ve got the same issue on yours. It wasn’t worth fixing so bought a new one on eBay on Martin’s advice. There’s plenty about & they’re not expensive, probably not the answer you were hoping for, but it’ll fix it quick & easy for another 30 years :goodluck:
What a ball ache!

I'll have a look over the weekend, cheers Rob!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.