Indicators PLEASE HELP!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
caprirb
Car(s): Ford Capri mk3 2,3l

Indicators PLEASE HELP!

Post by caprirb »

Hy guys. I just fitted mk2 bumpers to mk3 and now ofcourse the problem is in front indicators. can you tell me what kind would wit in these holes under the bumper?

Thanks A LOT!

Cheers,
Rene
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Indicators PLEASE HELP!

Post by Jasonmarie »

That’s a very good question I know in the USA they put them in the grill but I am sure I have seen a Capri with what I can only say are Mini indicators under the bumper on the body work .

I might have a picture but will have to try and search . But here’s the USA car .

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I think a lot of people use the MK3 indicators and mount them on the ends of the plastic moulding on the front valance. If you cut the ends off this moulding there is an opening that they are easy to fit into.

Personally, I would be putting the Mk3 bumpers back on the MK3 and the MK2 bumpers back on a MK2 but each to their own.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
You could fit any number of aftermarket indicators, there's lots of possible solutions depending on your taste.
I saw a Capri at a show earlier in the year that had the main indicators mounted low down on the wing. I thought it produced a nice clean look to the front of the car. You can just about see them in this photo:

ImageFord Capri 1.6 LS CDC956Y by Andrew 2.8i, on Flickr

Andrew
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I did a modified front end on a MK3 many years ago and I simply made up a couple of small brackets behind the front grille and mounted some small indicator units there. Until the indicators are actually working you don't really notice them behind the grille.