Old car dealer stickers

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Old car dealer stickers

Postby Brooksy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Doe anyone know of someone that can print old car dealer window stickers? I'm looking for one for Soans of Leamington Spa? (Former Ford Dealer). Cheers.
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11345
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:19 am

Hi Nige,
I know that DMB graphics do a selection.
https://www.dmb.uk.com
If yours isn't listed on the website, I must admit that I haven't had time to check, they may still be able to make one up if you can send a photograph of an original. If you are not sure, give them a call to check.
I had one made up years ago with the dealer number plates and tax disc holder (how old fashioned is that now? :D )
The window sticker is good quality, it has held up well and has not faded at all from the effects of sunlight.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5059
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby andyd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:24 am

AS Andrew says, DMB are definately worth a try Nige.

They used to do dealer plates, tax disc holder and rear screen sticker, but have stopped doing plates now due to the extra hassle with new privacy laws/rules etc :(

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Brooksy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:45 am

[quote="Andrew 2.8i"]Hi Nige,
I know that DMB graphics do a selection.
https://www.dmb.uk.com

Excellent Andrew will have a look. :cool: Ahh yes the old tax disc holder; halcyon days.
Nige
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Brooksy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 am

andyd wrote:AS Andrew says, DMB are definately worth a try Nige.

They used to do dealer plates, tax disc holder and rear screen sticker, but have stopped doing plates now due to the extra hassle with new privacy laws/rules etc :(

Nice one Andy. Shame about the plates though. Sign of the times though eh. :banghead:
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Brooksy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 am

Update: Dave At DMB Graphics Ltd has kindly offered to make one and for a very decent price too. The whole ordering process was carried out so quickly and efficiently. Amazing.
Nige :ford:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11345
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 am

Brooksy wrote:Update: Dave At DMB Graphics Ltd has kindly offered to make one and for a very decent price too. The whole ordering process was carried out so quickly and efficiently. Amazing.

That's great news Nige!
Hopefully you'll post a photo of it on here when you receive it. :D
As said, the DMB stuff is great quality, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Brooksy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Hopefully you'll post a photo of it on here when you receive it. :D

Will do Andrew. :)
Nige :ford:

Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983. Restoring:1979 MGB GT + 1964 Honda 250 twin. Previously owned 2 Capris.

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Not_Anumber » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:25 pm

I misunderstood this thread at first and thought someone was actually selling "Old Car Dealer On Board" stickers for retired motor traders.

User avatar
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Posts: 3828
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi
Location: Enfield, London

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Fordoholic Nick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Not_Anumber wrote:I misunderstood this thread at first and thought someone was actually selling "Old Car Dealer On Board" stickers for retired motor traders.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...

User avatar
Brooksy
Donator
Donator
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:58 pm
Car(s): 1987 2.0 laser (fair weather car)

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Brooksy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:09 pm

:lol: never say never chaps!

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Not_Anumber wrote:I misunderstood this thread at first and thought someone was actually selling "Old Car Dealer On Board" stickers for retired motor traders.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nige :ford:

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5059
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby andyd » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Brooksy wrote::lol: never say never chaps!

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Not_Anumber wrote:I misunderstood this thread at first and thought someone was actually selling "Old Car Dealer On Board" stickers for retired motor traders.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://arthur-daley-mega-store.yolasite ... ickers.php

fordperv
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:40 pm
Car(s): too many
Location: stoke on trent

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby fordperv » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:29 pm

If anyone gets stuck pm me and I can send the email address of a chap who makes repro dealer number plates

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5059
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby andyd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:14 pm

fordperv wrote:If anyone gets stuck pm me and I can send the email address of a chap who makes repro dealer number plates

Nice one :cheers:
Spoke to DMB and they didn't know of anyone that does them now....

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11345
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:30 pm

andyd wrote:Spoke to DMB and they didn't know of anyone that does them now....

The DMB dealer ones were good, but I prefer the metal pressed ones anyway.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5059
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby andyd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Spoke to DMB and they didn't know of anyone that does them now....

The DMB dealer ones were good, but I prefer the metal pressed ones anyway.

Andrew.

I have dealer stamped plates on the Capri, but I'm concerned the space between the A and 8 is too wide....Sent a pic to my MOT man for him to confirm. So may need a new set which my mate can get done but not with the dealers name.

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11345
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:54 pm

andyd wrote:I have dealer stamped plates on the Capri, but I'm concerned the space between the A and 8 is too wide

According to the DVLA leaflet INF104, the gap between the age identifier and random numbers must be 30mm.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... inf104.pdf

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5059
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby andyd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:I have dealer stamped plates on the Capri, but I'm concerned the space between the A and 8 is too wide

According to the DVLA leaflet INF104, the gap between the age identifier and random numbers must be 30mm.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... inf104.pdf

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew,
Copied this from the link;
Number plates fitted before 1 September 2001
The characters on number plates fitted before 1 September 2001 must meet the size requirements;

Space between the age identifier and random numbers 38mm

Mine is 27mm between the bottom of the A< and the beginning of the >8, so I assume that's ok.....

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 11345
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:55 pm

andyd wrote:Mine is 27mm between the bottom of the A< and the beginning of the >8, so I assume that's ok.....

That's how I would measure the gap too. So, your plate should be perfectly legal.

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 5059
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 2.8 Injection
Location: Devon

Re: Old car dealer stickers

Postby andyd » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Mine is 27mm between the bottom of the A< and the beginning of the >8, so I assume that's ok.....

That's how I would measure the gap too. So, your plate should be perfectly legal.

Andrew.

:agree: Andrew, it was MOT'd this year with them on so can't be a major issue.
Was looking at your pics and the A and 3 are much closer and look more correct though :?