p/s steering boots

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
MAC64
Car(s): 2.8i Capri 1981

p/s steering boots

Post by MAC64 »

hello all
i need to replace the boots on my steering rack and i would like to have these in my hands before pulling things apart, does anyone know the dimensions of the boots.
As im in Australia they are not listed locally but trying to see if there is something compatible.
google gives me a couple of choices but not any seem right, they should be around 55/10/145 from what i can tell.
Not sure what sure what rack i have either, are they all the same? The car was originally a 2.0l but now a 2.8i, rack is P/S

cheers Brian
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: p/s steering boots

Post by Paul G »

Brian

It would probably pay you to work out a list of bits you need for the car then contact one of the guys over here. There's Martin at Caprigear email [email protected] or Tickover email [email protected] to name a couple.

UK ebay might have them too but I wouldn't trust that the suppliers would always sent the exact right parts - more like a pair of chinese made universal boots and tell you they'll fit anything. You could also try the New Zealand ebay as the cars were sold there new.

Hope this helps. Paul.
MAC64
Car(s): 2.8i Capri 1981

Post by MAC64 »

Paul
Most of what i require in parts is available here it's just a matter of knowing what size is needed so if im unable to get that info up front i will just have to pull apart and measure, not the way i wanted to do it. The catalogue i have has about 200 different sizes listed just no reference to capri, about 10 of these are around the size i need hence my question of what is the correct size

thanks Brian
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Brian,
The dimensions are shown in this listing.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steering-Rac ... SwsDxZ4o2k

I hope that helps,
Andrew.