Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 491
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
- Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983, early 5 speed. Slowly restoring a 1979 MGB + a 1964 Honda 250 twin. Previously owned 2 Capris.
LSDs were only standard in the late 2.8 injection Special and the 280 which followed it (last of the V6 Capris, often referred to a a Brooklands). The earlier 2.8 Injection models like your 1981 car wouldnt have had an LSD as standard though one could have been retrofitted since by a previous owner.
- Posts: 1305
- Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
- Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Fiesta mK2 pop plus, Skoda Octavia VRS,
- Location: High Wycombe
The early ones, 81 - 83 had the 4 speed box. Quite a few people prefer the 4 speed ones.
- Andrew 2.8i
- Posts: 12269
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
- Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
- Location: Ceredigion
Hi,MAC64 wrote:did they come standard or optioned with a LSD or 5 speed
As said in previous replies, neither of those were fitted as standard to a '81 2.8, and neither are they listed as an optional extra in the 1981 brochure.
- Posts: 2519
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
- Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby
Mercedes Vito Traveline 2.2 Big Bus Daily Driver
- Location: Kent
All so it’s 40 years old the Mk3 come out in 1978 .........
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey .......