My mk3 2.0s has recently started cutting out (and refused to restart unless left for five or ten minutes) and the mechanic that looked at the car (and fixed what may have been overheating issues due to thermostat being in the wrong way round !) suggested it could be due to vapor lock.
His explanation was that when the heat in the engine bay reaches a high level the fuel in the lines vaporises before it gets into the engine - logically this makes sense - I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent this happening ? For example could I insulate the fuel lines ? If so what sort of material could I use ?