Fuel pipe clips

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Fuel pipe clips

Post by tazla »

Morning.the two plastic fuel pipes from tank running along to front of car are pi $$ing me off.they keep snapping or pinging off.whats anyone else done.im thinking screw them on .but dont really want to self tap a screw through the floor.the ones i have are off ebay.the next set are supposed to be ford and theyre crap as well.cheers mel
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Fuel pipe clips

Post by Paul G »

When i do mine I was going to use stainless rubberised p clips and to secure them just drill a hole and use a rivenut with stainless screw. Much more professional than just sticking a self tapper through the floor. Two clips (one for each pipe) could be secured through the same rivenut.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P-Clips-304- ... dqcwCcKM3A
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Re: Fuel pipe clips

Post by tazla »

Hi paul.ive got some of the p clips but didnt want to drill any holes .theres the original what look like nail heads sticking out but the clips dont go around them properly.the underseals a bit thick.if i scraped it back theyd fit but then the underseals been disturbed.il drill holes .paint them to seal them then rivet em i think