Front sitting too high

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Sploge
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk3 2.0s

Front sitting too high

Post by Sploge »

The front of my newly acquired 86 Mk3 2.0 Laser is sitting quite high compared to the back, don't know any history of the car but I have noticed it has a 205 block in it, also single leaf springs and vented front disks, maybe a previous owner put 2.8 struts on but did not change the springs to suit the 2.0 pinto, not sure what springs to order, was thinking I should order 145lbs -1inch springs from Tickover, any help or advice would be much appreciated...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Front sitting too high

Post by pbar »

Your car should have multi leaf springs at the back, if the single leafs haven't been fitted right then it could be the rear that is low. Perhaps put some pics up of the view from the side of the car as well as the suspension parts, then someone will let you know for sure.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

86 Laser is late enough to have single leafs as std, a few did as Ford began to empty the parts bins. Only way to get the ride profile you want is by fitting adjustable coil over struts. Otherwise it's trial and error with quoted spring heights. What your eyes are happy with might be a 2" drop but you can't tell until you fit and see what it looks like.

And when you think it looks right it might handle like a pig and throw you all over the road in the twisties so you have to start all over again!
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

This is 2" lowered but the springs havnt settled, the rear is single leafs with 1" blocks