Rear seat backrest removal

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Rear seat backrest removal

Post by Paul G »

To remove the rear seat backrests is it just a case of undoing the two bolts each side where the catch mounts on the wheel arch and the two nuts and bolts in the centre.

Looks like a pain in the butt job for my sausage fingers!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Rear seat backrest removal

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Paul G wrote:To remove the rear seat backrests is it just a case of undoing the two bolts each side where the catch mounts on the wheel arch and the two nuts and bolts in the centre.
Yes, that's all there is to it.

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Cheers mate.

Took the remains of the cover off my 3.0 today and the seats are starting to get a bit of mould on them so stripping out the interior, cleaning it and storing it in the dry from now on until the car is restored.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

If you only want to keep the material dry, then you can easily remove the rear pads by simply undoing the 10mm nut in the middle of the back at the bottom, under the semicircular cut in the rear carpet. Then push the protruding bolt in and lift the pad off the frame. Much easier and no fiddly setting up to do afterwards
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Bug wrote:If you only want to keep the material dry, then you can easily remove the rear pads by simply undoing the 10mm nut in the middle of the back at the bottom, under the semicircular cut in the rear carpet. Then push the protruding bolt in and lift the pad off the frame. Much easier and no fiddly setting up to do afterwards
Cheers for that, sounds much easier but I might as well remove the lot as the car is going to be totally stripped later in the year when I get going on it.

Paul.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Paul G wrote:
Bug wrote:If you only want to keep the material dry, then you can easily remove the rear pads by simply undoing the 10mm nut in the middle of the back at the bottom, under the semicircular cut in the rear carpet. Then push the protruding bolt in and lift the pad off the frame. Much easier and no fiddly setting up to do afterwards
Cheers for that, sounds much easier but I might as well remove the lot as the car is going to be totally stripped later in the year when I get going on it.

Paul.
Glad to hear you're finally starting on it Paul!! :D Can't wait to see it come along when it starts :cool:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.