Easy upgrades for my 1600?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Re: Easy upgrades for my 1600?

Post by fordperv »

As with bike carbs I'd just be getting some from a 600cc bike a zx6r or cbr600 would be perfect and manifold to suit get some main jet of roughly 150 or 160 that should see your fuelling about right i would get the fuel pump from the same bike as they self regulate, failing that get a facet cube pump with a sytec dial regulator set the fuelling around 2.5 or 3 psi they don't need high pressure its the flow thats important, then get it set up on a rolling road
NaisiaN
Car(s): 1.6 laser 1986. (Toy)
1.4 Renault 19 TR 1989. (Daily)

Post by NaisiaN »

D366Y wrote:
NaisiaN wrote:
nigecapri wrote:When you get the cam fitted and still want a bit more but still want carbs then have a look at bike carbs. DIY manifold kits around for £70. Much smoother driving than any type of Webers, better fuel economy and massive unrestricted airflow when you want it. An old 1600 that doesn't rattle & knock will love them. My 2.0 litre loves them and is probably at around 150,000 miles.
thanks, have thought about bike carbs but not sure where to start. any particular type/brand or will most fit?
Sorry to try and get back on topic, but what did you decided to do on this front in the end by the way?? :lol:

Oh yeah i forgot the purpose of this thread wasn't to talk about my super cool knight rider lights :lol:

I've bought a used sport-ex exhaust manifold which should come Monday. going to tidy it up give it a paint and fit it next week hopefully. As for everything else, nothing as yet but i have this thread to refer back too as and when i fancy splashing out. Deffo new carb and Cam at somepoint tho.
Jordan
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Martin at Capri Gear will have the gaskets for when you fit . :cheers:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

NaisiaN wrote:
Oh yeah i forgot the purpose of this thread wasn't to talk about my super cool knight rider lights :lol:

I've bought a used sport-ex exhaust manifold which should come Monday. going to tidy it up give it a paint and fit it next week hopefully. As for everything else, nothing as yet but i have this thread to refer back too as and when i fancy splashing out. Deffo new carb and Cam at somepoint tho.
Cool, sounds like a decent start! I'd say cam would be the next thing to do as cheaper than new carbs will be I'm sure, let us know how you get on with it when you start!

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.