Window glass fell into the door - help

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
rafcapri
Car(s): Ford Capri 1600XL 1974

Window glass fell into the door - help

Post by rafcapri »

When it rain, it pours! So the kids were playing with the regulator and don't know how they managed to dislodge the glass from the panel that brings it up and down and now it's in there and won't move. Any idea how to best pull it back up? Like tools I can get? Is taking out the door card the only way? Trying hard to avoid removing stuff that I may not be able to put back knowing how clumsy I am.
rafcapri

Re: Window glass fell into the door - help

Post by rafcapri »

Phheww crisis averted. Managed to pry the door card from the bottom just enough for my hand to push thr glass upwards.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

When you're re-fitting the glass into the slider mechanism again, make sure you grease up the plastic roller and the runner part at the bottom of the glass to try and avoid it happening again!

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
rafcapri

Post by rafcapri »

D366Y wrote:When you're re-fitting the glass into the slider mechanism again, make sure you grease up the plastic roller and the runner part at the bottom of the glass to try and avoid it happening again!

Cheers
Danny

Hey mate, thanks for the tip...didn't know you need do that. But will find time this holiday period to get it looked at properly.

ta