Rev Counter not Working

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Rev Counter not Working

Post by D366Y »

Hi guys, mentioned last week about the rev counter not working since I changed the carb over fro a 34 IHC to a 32/36 and everyone said that there was a spare wire somewhere that goes straight to the coil, but as per my pictures below I can't find any spare/loose wires at all?

Help please! Thanks

The only spare wire is the fuel return valve as Paul has previously mentioned, otherwise the only other wire knocking around goes straight to the condenser...?

Cheers
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Rev Counter not Working

Post by Paul G »

Yours looks as someone has modified it a bit. Try just connecting the two green wire that come out of the wiring loom under the coil directly to the -ve terminal and the black with a yellow (or white, not sure, can tell on mine) tracer to the +ve.

Down on the wiring loom and about two inches (50mm for you young'ens) in front of where the two greens and the black/yellow emerged you will see another single green wire. Connect your red and later green wire from the condenser to this.

Mine is original and not been f****D about with.

Like I said Danny, if you can't sort it I will have a look at it for you.

Paul.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Re: Rev Counter not Working

Post by D366Y »

Cheers Paul, I have some time booked off work later this week to get a lot of capri stuff sorted so will call you over the next day or two so I can book in with you! :lol:

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.