What’s your favourite car show ?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: What’s your favourite car show ?

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've just watched FantomWorks for the first time. I've never bothered before as the name put me off, I assumed it was about heavily modified cars. As it turns out, it's not really about modified cars and it's a great programme. It's currently repeated on Quest.

Andrew.
It is one of the better car programmes on T/V, and everything is done correctly as it should be...Dan also tells it how it is :)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've been watching a lot of Overhaulin' too. Both Overhaulin and Fantomworks are repeated on Quest, along with the entertaining Classic Car Rescue.
Chip Foose is a talented designer and his designs are a nice balance between custom and standard. I don't agree with the pranking though, as it doesn't really add anything to the show. If I wanted pranks, I'd watch old episodes of Beadle's About!

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:I've been watching a lot of Overhaulin' too. Both Overhaulin and Fantomworks are repeated on Quest, along with the entertaining Classic Car Rescue.
Chip Foose is a talented designer and his designs are a nice balance between custom and standard. I don't agree with the pranking though, as it doesn't really add anything to the show. If I wanted pranks, I'd watch old episodes of Beadle's About!

Andrew.
I like Overhaulin too but find a couple of the 'presenters' annoying.
Fantomworks is the best show as there is no pranking and no stupid suspense moments that many shows seem to have :?
andyd

Post by andyd »

New series of Fifth Gear on Quest, starts September 6th https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-ne ... urn-to-tv/
Last edited by andyd on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Must say I am watching quest more these days and it’s on freeview . Nice find there Andrew . :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote:Must say I am watching quest more these days and it’s on freeview .
Hi Jason,
I find myself watching Quest quite a lot these days, as there are some really interesting shows.
Going back to FantomWorks, I like the cars that they do, and the timescales for restorations are realistic. They don't claim to turn a car from a wreck to concours in two weeks.

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes I agree , with fantomWorks they test the car and you find out how much they paid . What sometimes is a lot of money . Also I like how he will not let a car leave his building until it’s 100% right and safe what is what you would want . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

IMO, Fantom Works is by far the best all round car programme at present.

August Bank Holiday Monday 27th , Channel 4 @ 9pm http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/2 ... -channel-4
I'm not a F1 fan, but with Guy this should be good.