Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:53 pm
- Car(s): Ford Capri laser 1600 (first car and daily)
Starter motor didn't want to turn over, think it was a jammy solenoid, so I bought a new one. Problem is, this new one bolts on so that the solenoid is below the motor, and I'm not sure if its meshing properly and don't want to try it incase is eats the flywheel. Is there any way of knowing if its correct or not?
- Posts: 3349
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:00 am
- Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Left with 1.6 fezza as daily to have a bit of fun with.
Hopefully a sierra arrives soon.
- Location: Haverhill Suffolk
Sounds like you may have an automatic one. Not a problem, should still work fine
- Posts: 4362
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 pm
- Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2007 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 Q4 JTS
- Location: Surrey
Can confirm that. I ran with the old automatic one after changing to a manual gearbox.