Heater

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Heater

Post by Mc Tool »

My heater is useless ... no heat ( plenty of air ) and Ive done all the usual stuff ,flushed the core ,disassembled the thing and cleaned it out and fitted new foam packing ) fan works good ( both speeds ) . Does anyone know if there is a "heavy duty" heater core available ( 1980 Mk3 ). The choke works fine, the water pump is newish and the heater hoses are to hot to hang on to , and on a frosty morning the heater makes near as dammit no difference . New T/stat and temp gauge sits about 1/2 way. It does take ages to warm up tho , I mean probly a good 8-9 km's normal open road driving before gauge settles ( hence the new T/stat ) :|
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Heater

Post by pbar »

To be honest I'd stick with the standard one, as it does give out a decent amount of heat. Even without the blower/fan on I find that mine will warm the car up just with normal driving. I can only assume that yours might have a blockage or fault, as the standard Capri heater would normally be fine, I certainly wouldn't look for any kind of 'upgrade'.

I've had two standard heater units in mine (as the fan stopped working so changed the whole box), and they have both given off good heat.