Clutch cable, is this the correct part?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Clutch cable, is this the correct part?

Post by Arya2.0S »

I need a new clutch cable as my old one has snapped, I'm assuming they're all the same regardless of which gearbox I have? Just making sure I'm ordering the right part as I can't afford to wait for it to arrive only to have the wrong part as it's my only car and I use it daily and have no other way of getting around so this needs to be a fast fix.
http://www.burtonpower.com/clutch-cable ... c1148.html
I have a 2.0 pinto and a 5 speed box.
Thanks.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Re: Clutch cable, is this the correct part?

Post by Caprigear »

All the cables have the same end fittings but there are at least three different lengths of cable.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Caprigear wrote:All the cables have the same end fittings but there are at least three different lengths of cable.
Can you advise me on which length I'd need please? The one from Burton is 110cm long. Or can you supply me with the correct part instead?
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Arya2.0S wrote:
Caprigear wrote:All the cables have the same end fittings but there are at least three different lengths of cable.
Can you advise me on which length I'd need please? The one from Burton is 110cm long. Or can you supply me with the correct part instead?
Assuming you have both parts still, I guess you could measure it then you will determine which one you have?