Pinto torque settings.

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Anders H
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk2 2.0 Pinto

Pinto torque settings.

Post by Anders H »

Hello Capri friends!

I’m Anders from Sweden I have a Capri Mk2 2.0 Pinto and I need help with Pinto torque settings.

Camshaft oil spray bar?
Tensioner pivot (special) bolt?
Tensioner locking bolt?
Crankshaft pulley bolt?
Engine mounting bolts?

One engine mounting bolts is missing and some was loose, is it common that the engine mounting bolts come loose?

I missing one spacer bolt timing belt cover fixing and the little bolt, someone have one for sale?
http://www.burtonpower.com/spacer-bolt- ... t1049.html

Thanks Anders
EightyFive
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1985

Re: Pinto torque settings.

Post by EightyFive »

Hi Anders,

First off I'd recommend getting yourself a Haynes manual for the capri, not sure of the availability of them in Sweden but they are invaluable, it contains this information and much more that you will find useful further down the road.

I've not got my manual to hand at the moment so can't give you the values you're after, i will say though that you are okay with just tightening the spray bar by feel, just don't over tighten it.

However engine mounting boltings should never ever come loose! I suspect it has been taken out in the past and not installed properly.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Pinto torque settings.

Post by Paul G »

Anders H wrote:Hello Capri friends!

I’m Anders from Sweden I have a Capri Mk2 2.0 Pinto and I need help with Pinto torque settings.

Camshaft oil spray bar?
Tensioner pivot (special) bolt?
Tensioner locking bolt?
Crankshaft pulley bolt?
Engine mounting bolts?

One engine mounting bolts is missing and some was loose, is it common that the engine mounting bolts come loose?

I missing one spacer bolt timing belt cover fixing and the little bolt, someone have one for sale?
http://www.burtonpower.com/spacer-bolt- ... t1049.html

Thanks Anders
I've had a quick look at an old Haynes Manual and the only torque setting they give is for the crank pulley 57 - 61 NM.

From experience I would say tighten the oil spray bar with a small 1/4 drive ratchet and nip it up (6-7nm like the rocker cover), for the tensioner bolts tighten as much as you can with a 3/8 ratchet ( at a guess 25nm) and for the engine mounts tighten up with a 1/2 drive ratchet. If they were loose put some thread lock fluid on the bolts before tightening.

Just use common sense and you should be OK.