Ashley 4-2-1 pinto manifold

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Kev Ush
Car(s): 1972 Capri XL

Ashley 4-2-1 pinto manifold

Post by Kev Ush »

Hi,

Can anyone running an Ashley 4-2-1 manifold on a pinto engined Capri please post up some pictures to show me the routing of the manifold.

Does the manifold run on the inside or outside of the steering shaft?

I want to buy a 4-2-1 manifold for my Mk1 but my Capri is LHD. This is fine as I don't have to worry about the steering shaft at all.

What I do need to worry about is if the manifold will clear my starter motor as it is on the opposite side to a RHD capri so on the same side as the manifold.

I don't want to buy one then find it wants to take up the same place as my starter motor.

Thanks,

Kev.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Ashley 4-2-1 pinto manifold

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have the club manifold and I think it's the same as the Ashley
Here's some picture I have on my iPad as it's to dark now to take pictures . Let me no and I can take some tommorow. :beer:

Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Kev Ush
Car(s): 1972 Capri XL

Post by Kev Ush »

Thanks for those.

Unfortunately I can't see if it will clear my starter motor. If you can imagine your starter motor on the other side of the engine in the same location do you think there would be enough space for it?

Thanks,

Kev
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Kev Ush wrote:What I do need to worry about is if the manifold will clear my starter motor as it is on the opposite side to a RHD capri so on the same side as the manifold.
Hi mate, just been down to have a peek at my Capri Club (Sportex) 4-2-1 manifold as when I first read your post my initial feeling was the starter and manifold would interfere with each other. I took a few pics for you to compliment the great ones Jason took too

Hope you can see how close the manifold runs as it passes where the gearbox mates with the engine. Very close mate !

Image20170717_192947 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

As you see the starter is 'sticking out' a fair bit from the engine block so if you wanted to run the manifold down this side I cannot see it working. Even it did clear the starter surely it would be way too close for comfort

Image20170717_192859 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

It does look as though it is well clear of thee engine block but as it feeds down as said in first picture it does pass very close to where one of the bellhousing fixing 'lugs' mates with the engine

Image20170717_193225 by nicholas bowler, on Flickr

Hope this helps

All the best

Nick

PS Jason, love the pics of your engine bay. Very very nice indeed fella :applaud:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Not going to embarrass myself with engine bay pictures, but my 2.0 GL has the starter motor on the same side as the manifold and that doesn't touh obviously... Not sure if the location is different though?

Cheers
Danny
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:[

Nick
Hey Nick, you got any more of those rocker cover HT lead clips, or know where i could get some for mine?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Arya2.0S wrote:Hey Nick, you got any more of those rocker cover HT lead clips, or know where i could get some for mine?
Hi Arya,

I was very lucky to get a couple of original ones recently from Altaf from this forum. He had them spare and very kindly hand delivered a couple direct to my parents house for me. Just been doing some research and it looks like Burton sell them now, albeit in Black. They certainly look the same as the originals and for the price of them definately worth trying them.

Here's a Burton link for you. Hope this helps....

http://www.burtonpower.com/ignition-lea ... t1077.html

http://www.burtonpower.com/ignition-lea ... t1076.html

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:Hey Nick, you got any more of those rocker cover HT lead clips, or know where i could get some for mine?
Hi Arya,

I was very lucky to get a couple of original ones recently from Altaf from this forum. He had them spare and very kindly hand delivered a couple direct to my parents house for me. Just been doing some research and it looks like Burton sell them now, albeit in Black. They certainly look the same as the originals and for the price of them definately worth trying them.

Here's a Burton link for you. Hope this helps....

http://www.burtonpower.com/ignition-lea ... t1077.html

http://www.burtonpower.com/ignition-lea ... t1076.html

All the best

Nick
Thanks Nick!