Posting pics

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Posting pics

Post by timfromull »

Ok, I know there is a thread about posting pics but as a complete technophobe with the computer skills of an Amoeba plus the cheeky twats at Photofucket wanting a Kidney to host/post stuff, can someone speak very slowly and clearly and and tell me how to get pictures off my phone and onto here.
Sorry if it's a boring repetitious question but Its doing my skull in........... :doh:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Posting pics

Post by pbar »

How far have you got with it? As firstly you need to upload your pics to a hosting site, such as Flickr for example. Are you able to setup an account on that and upload your pics to it?
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I'm also a complete technophobe with the computer skills of a turd but I used this outfit to post a picture on Capri Power the other day, the first I have ever posted. Very easy to use, just register with your email account then they send you a password. Then using their navigation select the picture you want to up load and finally select "upload to forum" when you are ready to insert a picture into your post.

www.postimage.io
timfromull
Car(s): 1985 Capri Laser (project) Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior and Vauxhall Vivaro van

Post by timfromull »

I've managed to open an account at Postimage (thanks Paul) and somehow got a couple of pics that where already on my laptop, but cant get them from there to here :headscratch:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Paul G wrote:I'm also a complete technophobe with the computer skills of a turd but I used this outfit to post a picture on Capri Power the other day, the first I have ever posted. Very easy to use, just register with your email account then they send you a password. Then using their navigation select the picture you want to up load and finally select "upload to forum" when you are ready to insert a picture into your post.

http://www.postimage.io
Goodness me that is an easy site Paul. From going onto the site, it took me just 4 mouse clicks and the pic below (as a test) was uploaded and ready to just paste in this message.

Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

OOps! Pehaps this forum doesn't support photoimage.

Start a post then go photoimage.Click on upload pictures (to photoimage) Then select the pictures you want to upload. Click your cursor in the post where you want the photo to be then highlight the the "hotlinks to forums" on photoimage and click the button at the end of it. That's how I did it.

Edit;- It does work because Pbar Paul uploaded his OK.
Last edited by Paul G on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Here is a how-to on posting pics, thanks to Paul G above for the heads up on the site used below -

This assumes you have a pic on your computer (for example on your desktop) already -

1. Go to https://postimages.org/ (you do not have to be a member or login)
2. Click Choose Images
3. Browse to the pic you wish to use and double click it (or click once and click Open)
4. Copy the Direct Link in the list (i.e. click the symbol on the right or highlight it and press Control-c)
5. Open up a new message window on here (as if to type your reply/new message, or whatever, as you normally would)
6. Type your message and when done click the Img button and then press Control-v (this will paste the link you previously copied in step 4)
7. Press Preview to see how it will look or Submit, and you're done.
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Testing

Laser repairs done months ago

It works!!!! even for a fecking idiot like me!
pbar

Post by pbar »

It's a good find that is Paul, very easy to use. You can also join and make up your own galleries, as you would with Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

And nice bit of welding! :)
timfromull

Post by timfromull »

losing the will to live......... :axe: I double click on the image but I don't get any options as to what to do with the fecking thing :swear:
pbar

Post by pbar »

timfromull wrote:losing the will to live......... :axe: I double click on the image but I don't get any options as to what to do with the fecking thing :swear:
After you have selected the image, you get a list of links. Copy the Direct Link (i.e. step 4 above)
timfromull

Post by timfromull »

testing
timfromull

Post by timfromull »

WHERES MY FUCKING IMAGE :banghead: :swear:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Wow that's easy :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

timfromull wrote:testing
There's no code posted in your thread, only the word 'testing'.
You will need to copy and paste the image code from the hosting site.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

Complete computer idiot trying.....

https://s9.postimg.org/an0c0ul8v/004.jpg
340truck
Donator
Donator
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

So what did I do wrong?
340truck
Donator
Donator
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE

Post by 340truck »

Ah done it
timfromull

Post by timfromull »

timfromull

Post by timfromull »

HALLEFUCKINLUJAH............ :doh: