Mk3 pinto oil pressor pipe snapped!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
anicola02
Car(s): Fiat Punto 1.2 16v, 4-2-1 De-cat, Custom air induction (by GSR), 8v flexy pipe, Custom Centre Exhaust, "GO" Interior, Port Polish head and throttle body, 17" Sabre Alloys, AK FK Coilovers, Tinted Windows.... Air Freshener :D

Mk3 pinto oil pressor pipe snapped!

Post by anicola02 »

Hi guys!

My capri oil pressure pipe snapped on idle and oil has gone absolutely everywhere :axe:
I litch cannot for the life of me get the pipe back on the nipple which screws onto the bulk head. Tried hot water, heating it up everything it's not happening... if I buy a new pipe with the fixings how easy is it to get it plugged into the oil gauge behind the clocks?

Thanks guys!
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Mk3 pinto oil pressor pipe snapped!

Post by Jasonmarie »

Hi
I did read in here that it's a easy job but I thought I saw picture that do help .

I found this link if it helps viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50296&p=340870&hil ... sh#p340870

Wish you all the best and perhaps take some pictures to replace the ones I saw but can not find :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

Hi,

Its a pretty easy job to do, take the lower dash panels out, take the front seat out for easier access on your back.
When you look up behind the instrument cluster you'll see the pipe easy enough. The pipe has a union on the end of it which bolts into the back of the oil pressure gauge, it requires a 14mm open ended spanner.

EXPECT A SMALL AMOUNT OF OIL TO COME OUT AS YOU UNDO THE UNION, a cloth on the floor and a bit of paper towel is a good idea.

When you do it up don't overdo it. I did that once and damaged the white plastic mount the gauge sits in as they do get brittle with age. Finger tight and then a light check with a spanner will be ample.

:goodluck:
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I have a replacement pipe.