Value agreed insurance?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
NaisiaN
Car(s): 1.6 laser 1986. (Toy)
1.4 Renault 19 TR 1989. (Daily)

Value agreed insurance?

Post by NaisiaN »

Hi All,

was just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting a value agreed on their insurance policy and which insurers do them? Would like to make sure i get my money back if anything was to happen. Cheers
Jordan
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Value agreed insurance?

Post by andyd »

Lancaster, Footman James, Heritage and Classicline all do Agreed Value, as do some others.....

Footman James don't require photographs if under £10000(?) and Classicline lasts for 2 years and require minimum of 6 pictures, as do other companies. Usually costs around £20 to add it :)

:goodluck:
NaisiaN

Post by NaisiaN »

brill thanks matey!
Jordan
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

I just used Hagerty, easiest agreed value process that I have ever had, just swapped from Lancaster. Lancaster want you to go through the process every year, `with Hagerty the pictures are good for 3 years. I also had breakdown cover and the premiums were within a few £
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

NaisiaN wrote:was just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting a value agreed on their insurance policy and which insurers do them?
Hi.

I am with Footman James. Just switched to them this year. They do a very easy Agreed Valuation process over the phone from my own personal experience.
andyd wrote:Footman James don't require photographs if under £10000(?)
Yep. Just as Andy has said my Agreed Valuation was done in a matter of mins over the phone whilst setting up new policy with them. I asked for a valuation of £8000 for my Laser expecting to have to send them in pics but having asked them I was told there was no need for pics for anything under or around £10,000 as long as it was not an obvious exaggeration. More valuable cars they would require photos. I received my Agreed Valuation Cert in the post a couple of days later along with the new policy documents. As Andy said a small charge added to policy but nothing more than £20 from memory.

One thing I did before ringing them up was to go onto their online quote form, fill it in, get the quote and ref number then rang them up to get the policy set up. This way I just quoted the ref number from the online quote and the lady had all my details on her screen so did not have to go through the many questions and answers ! She just read back to me what I had already filled in online so was a much nicer experience and quicker too :)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

NaisiaN wrote:was just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting a value agreed on their insurance policy and which insurers do them? Would like to make sure i get my money back if anything was to happen.
Hi,
I've had an agreed value on my Capri with a few companies now, and from my experience it's quite a straightforward process.
I had to send a few photos, but it's not too much bother to send them by e-mail.
Don't delay, get your agreed value sorted out as soon as possible.

Andrew.
NaisiaN

Post by NaisiaN »

thanks for all the replies. Got one sorted through classicline on my new capri! :applaud:
Jordan