Capri 2.0 pinto starter motor

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
anicola02
Car(s): Fiat Punto 1.2 16v, 4-2-1 De-cat, Custom air induction (by GSR), 8v flexy pipe, Custom Centre Exhaust, "GO" Interior, Port Polish head and throttle body, 17" Sabre Alloys, AK FK Coilovers, Tinted Windows.... Air Freshener :D

Capri 2.0 pinto starter motor

Post by anicola02 »

:banghead:

Hi guys, just did a complete overhaul of the capri... respray - engine etc has been running perfect

However, the other day I went to start it and it turned over to start, I turned on the ignition again but nothing, just a clicking sound. Got a brand new battery on it which has full charge but still won't start! Can anyone help? :)
SmokeEm
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 14.0 1/4 mile with a 'few' bits missing

Re: Capri 2.0 pinto starter motor

Post by SmokeEm »

Disconnect the leads from the back of the starter motor, clean up the contacts and refit. If that doesn't work, your solenoid might be faulty.
anicola02
Car(s): Fiat Punto 1.2 16v, 4-2-1 De-cat, Custom air induction (by GSR), 8v flexy pipe, Custom Centre Exhaust, "GO" Interior, Port Polish head and throttle body, 17" Sabre Alloys, AK FK Coilovers, Tinted Windows.... Air Freshener :D

Post by anicola02 »

SmokeEm wrote:Disconnect the leads from the back of the starter motor, clean up the contacts and refit. If that doesn't work, your solenoid might be faulty.
Just tried it mate and no luck! I did have a spare starter motor but the connections on the solonoid are different! :cry: Looks like new starter for me!
Thanks anyway!
anicola02

Post by anicola02 »

Hey guys, checked all connections which seem fine and I've put on a new starter motor and still no luck!! Just the clicking sound from the solonoid still! Can anyone help? Thanks
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

It could be a bad earth, try putting a jump lead from the negative on the battery to the body of the starter motor
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

If you get really stuck I have a starter you can have for free.. where about are you in the world?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
anicola02

Post by anicola02 »

Major_Tom wrote:If you get really stuck I have a starter you can have for free.. where about are you in the world?
Thanks so much for the hand mate, luckily I've sorted it , turns out it was a bad earth as Arnold and smokeem pointed out (cheers guys!)

Bad thing is when I started the car after the oil pipe going to the block snapped and oil has gone absolutely everywhere haha! Can this pipe just be cut and slotted back into he nipple which screws into the block?
Laser
Car(s): Daily Driver 1.6 Laser (247,00miles)
or 2.0S when I can find her key's !

Post by Laser »

dip the pipe in boiling hot water then press it on the brass ribbed connector it will need three dip and heats to sweat it on to the connector #