Laser seats to recaro

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Kelvincyprus
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 laser 3.0 running gear

Laser seats to recaro

Postby Kelvincyprus » Mon May 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Can I use my laser seat frame runners on a pair of recaros? Thanks

Caprigear
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2039
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Caprigear » Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm

You will need the frames that fit between the Recaro seat bases and the runners themselves. I have them.
Image

Kelvincyprus
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 laser 3.0 running gear

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Kelvincyprus » Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Ok thanks for reply, so if I buy a set of random recaros say from a cosworth, escort, fiesta etc I just need my old runners and say your intermediate part to go in between is that righ? Thanks

Caprigear
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2039
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Caprigear » Tue May 16, 2017 9:04 pm

I would think so .
Image

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby D366Y » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I finally looked at fitting the seats I got off Mike the best part of six months ago today!! Obviously rear seats are easy enough but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the recaro frames fit onto my runners... The holes seem to be in the wrong place.... Unless I'm the one doing something wrong?? :lol:

Also does anyone have any tips for fitting the rear door cards? Looks like a bit of a ball-ache having to take the rear parcel speaker shelves, door moulding and seat belt out just to fit them...?

Cheers!
Danny

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1042
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Caprifan Rob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:12 pm

D366Y wrote:Also does anyone have any tips for fitting the rear door cards? Looks like a bit of a ball-ache having to take the rear parcel speaker shelves, door moulding and seat belt out just to fit them...?

Hi Danny, unfortunately there's no easy way to do this, everything has to come off to change them without damage. Believe front seat belts will slip through a slot in the door card if I remember rightly. We'll worth it though if you're changing to better condition ones.
Sorry don't know about changing front subframes.
:goodluck:

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby D366Y » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
D366Y wrote:Also does anyone have any tips for fitting the rear door cards? Looks like a bit of a ball-ache having to take the rear parcel speaker shelves, door moulding and seat belt out just to fit them...?

Hi Danny, unfortunately there's no easy way to do this, everything has to come off to change them without damage. Believe front seat belts will slip through a slot in the door card if I remember rightly. We'll worth it though if you're changing to better condition ones.
Sorry don't know about changing front subframes.
:goodluck:


Cheers Rob, will have to go back and have another look!
If anyone does know anything about the front seats/subframes please help! :lol:

Caprigear
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2039
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Caprigear » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Have you got the frames that fit between the seat base and the runners? I have them. You need the frames to bolt the runners to.
Image

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby D366Y » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:52 am

Caprigear wrote:Have you got the frames that fit between the seat base and the runners? I have them. You need the frames to bolt the runners to.


I do yes, I bought them from you yonks ago! :lol: I thought that they just bolted to the bottom of the seats and onto the standard laser runners, but the holes don't seem to line up....?

Cheers

Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 pm
Car(s): 2.8 Injection 1983 weekend use. Restoring:1980 MGB GT + 1964 Honda 250 bike. Previously owned 2 Capris.

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Not_Anumber » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Something I'd always wondered; were Recaros available as an extra cost option on the Lasers the same as they were on the previous 2.0 S ?

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby D366Y » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Not to the best of my knowledge, but then again I wasn't born until 7 years after they made the last one anyway so don't take my word for it :lol:

-JC-
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 pm
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2007 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 Q4 JTS
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby -JC- » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm

D366Y wrote:
Caprigear wrote:Have you got the frames that fit between the seat base and the runners? I have them. You need the frames to bolt the runners to.


I do yes, I bought them from you yonks ago! :lol: I thought that they just bolted to the bottom of the seats and onto the standard laser runners, but the holes don't seem to line up....?

Cheers


Are you sure they're the right ones / the right way around? I put recaros in mine a few years back and there no such issues - staright fit.
Image
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto
On the hunt for some capri shaped V6 power....
Location: South Bucks

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby D366Y » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:16 am

-JC- wrote:
D366Y wrote:
Caprigear wrote:Have you got the frames that fit between the seat base and the runners? I have them. You need the frames to bolt the runners to.


I do yes, I bought them from you yonks ago! :lol: I thought that they just bolted to the bottom of the seats and onto the standard laser runners, but the holes don't seem to line up....?

Cheers


Are you sure they're the right ones / the right way around? I put recaros in mine a few years back and there no such issues - staright fit.


I thought I was being stupid as well, but realistically there are only two things to check... Will the runner line up with the holes on the left/right and then if not rotate 180 degrees and check both sides again...

I will have a bash at it again, need to get some decent bolts to stick 'em in though, I'm guessing that they are the same bolts used to attached the standard runners to the floor?

Cheers

-JC-
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 pm
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2007 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 Q4 JTS
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby -JC- » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Pretty sure I used the same bolts, yes. Yep, you're right, there isn't a lot to check actually! They could be from a different car or something that someone had fitted capri recaros to in the past, causing them to be mistaken for capri fitting ones?
Image
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."

Arnoldhar
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Re: Laser seats to recaro

Postby Arnoldhar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Guys be carful with the bolt sizes, the threads in the seats are metric for Recaro's as they are German, but all the bolts that go into the chassis are imperial 5/16, they look very similar and I expect a lot of people just wind them in


Return to “Q & A”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests