2.8i front valence paint?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9352
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 15, 2017 4:20 pm

:agree:
I'd be surprised if they are the victims of some kind of underworld exploitation cartel...

Andrew.
Image

User avatar
Arya2.0S
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Arya2.0S » Mon May 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:I first saw those photos with these models quite a while ago and i too could only think about how pissed off she looks, the other two dont seem too happy to be there either.

Makes me suspect if something more sinister was at play as usually paid models dont do that, unless of course they weren't paid and thats the issue.


You're like a death at a birthday party you are.

They're probably looking mean because the photographer has said "it's a mean looking car, so look mean for me".


Sorry, i just see things in pretty black and white terms thats all. Still cant figure out why they'd pull a face like that if they are paid professionals, hence my suspicion. (maybe it was really cold, but theres no "other" evidence to prove that if you know what i mean ;) )
I'd be smiling just to stand next to a Capri, yet alone get my man boobs out and spread them over the lovely bodywork. :P
Draw me like one of your French girls, Jack!

User avatar
Arya2.0S
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Arya2.0S » Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote::agree:
I'd be surprised if they are the victims of some kind of underworld exploitation cartel...

Andrew.



I was more referring to some sort of forced modelling for "exposure" (aka forced labour/bullshit) instead of cash type thing, its not unknown for models to be treated like little more than fresh meat by certain people and what not, but underworld exploitation seems plausible as well. ;) :lol:


(and people say im the one with an active imagination ;) )

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3366
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby andyd » Mon May 15, 2017 6:58 pm

One looks like she needs a good meal, and one needs to get out in the sun more :lol:

This club has an event near Newquay this coming weekend, will these 3 models (?) show up again? Will have to await photo's....

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9352
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 15, 2017 7:12 pm

andyd wrote:One looks like she needs a good meal, and one needs to get out in the sun more


That's because underworld exploitation cartels don't allow their victims to eat or go out into the sun! :D

Is that photo very old? I say that because there are a lot of Capris at that show, and you don't often get that these days.

Andrew.

Edit: Just checked and the silver Capri hasn't been taxed since 2014. The girls may have put on weight/been out in the sun since the photo was taken.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue May 16, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3366
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby andyd » Mon May 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:One looks like she needs a good meal, and one needs to get out in the sun more


That's because underworld exploitation cartels don't let their victims eat or go out into the sun! :D

Is that photo very old? I say that because there are a lot of Capris at that show, and you don't often get that these days.

Andrew.

Edit: Just checked and the silver Capri hasn't been taxed since 2014. The girls may have put on weight/been out in the sun since the photo was taken.

Pics taken at Capri Club's annual car show at Flambards Helston 2006, here's another https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2374/2181 ... 9826_b.jpg

Apparently, Miss Skinny has bulked up on Cornish Pasties since :o http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/ ... 191527.jpg

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 9352
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Andrew 2.8i » Mon May 15, 2017 8:03 pm

andyd wrote:Apparently, Miss Skinny has bulked up on Cornish Pasties since :o http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/ ... 191527.jpg


Ah, she's done a Dimmock! :lol:
Image

User avatar
andyd
Posts: 3366
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1989 Sierra XR4X4
Location: Exeter

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby andyd » Tue May 16, 2017 6:43 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Apparently, Miss Skinny has bulked up on Cornish Pasties since :o http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/ ... 191527.jpg


Ah, she's done a Dimmock! :lol:

Hasn't she just.....

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 6895
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Major_Tom » Tue May 16, 2017 7:11 am

Arya2.0S wrote:Sorry, i just see things in pretty black and white terms thats all.


You see in things in white as well?! Use that setting for a bit!!!!!


andyd wrote:Apparently, Miss Skinny has bulked up on Cornish Pasties since :o http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/ ... 191527.jpg


Pasty factor is critical.
My car isn't stupid.... it's MENTAL.

User avatar
Arya2.0S
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Arya2.0S » Tue May 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:Sorry, i just see things in pretty black and white terms thats all.


You see in things in white as well?! Use that setting for a bit!!!!!


andyd wrote:Apparently, Miss Skinny has bulked up on Cornish Pasties since :o http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/ ... 191527.jpg


Pasty factor is critical.


Oh gee, ive never thought of that before!! How could i have lived for so long and not have that thought cross my mind?! I'll get right on that, it must be so easy to do im such a fool! :wank:

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 6895
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Major_Tom » Tue May 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Arya2.0S wrote:
Oh gee, ive never thought of that before!! How could i have lived for so long and not have that thought cross my mind?! I'll get right on that, it must be so easy to do im such a fool! :wank:


I've been hospitalised twice and have a 20 year self harm history and psychosis. Last time I was in hospital I had 17 stitches, 4 of them on the inside. I know how hard it can be, but, seriously, lighten up mate! Or get lost!
My car isn't stupid.... it's MENTAL.

User avatar
Arya2.0S
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Arya2.0S » Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Major_Tom wrote:
Arya2.0S wrote:
Oh gee, ive never thought of that before!! How could i have lived for so long and not have that thought cross my mind?! I'll get right on that, it must be so easy to do im such a fool! :wank:


I've been hospitalised twice and have a 20 year self harm history and psychosis. Last time I was in hospital I had 17 stitches, 4 of them on the inside. I know how hard it can be, but, seriously, lighten up mate! Or get lost!


Best way to talk to the mentally ill: "Lighten up, or get lost", you should work for the Tories! You ought to know better given your history, anyone with any sort of experience and half a brain knows it isn't that simple. Thats like telling a man with no legs to "lighten up and just walk it off". So yeah, as i said earlier :wank:

User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 6895
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): Hot 2.0S
Location: Cambridge

Re: 2.8i front valence paint?

Postby Major_Tom » Tue May 16, 2017 4:40 pm

All the support and advice I given you over the last few months for your problems and your response when its your turn to put your cards down its a :wank: symbol. Sums you up mate.

Look, you need to seek professional help, OWN your mental health or it will own you.

I know it's hard, but it is YOUR problem, stop making it everyone elses. Nobody else can tell you how to do it, that's up to you. I will say grow the fuck up and stop being so fucking poisonous, that's universally good advice.
My car isn't stupid.... it's MENTAL.


Return to “Q & A”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests