Any body know this 280

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
pauliil1948
Donator
Donator
Car(s): D reg 280 , various others

Any body know this 280

Post by pauliil1948 »

Hi guys , bought a 280 that a guy ( nice guy) put on here about 2 months ago , happy with the car ,dose anybody on here know any history about car ,trying to find out if heads have been converted to run unleaded,also I was watching a video I have from cci summer camp I think 1995 or 98 not sure ,there was a line up off 280s maybe 15 or so ,, my 280 was second in the line and the one I just bought was 4th , the reg is D595 KVG thanks for any help.
balders
Car(s): Currently no Capri. Previously owned a 1.6GL, a 2.0 Laser and 280 Brooklands

Re: Any body know this 280

Post by balders »

Hi,

I owned that 280 from about 2001 until 2009. I was living in Aberdeen at the time and sold it to a guy who I seem to remember lived in Glasgow. When I ran it there was no conversion to run on unleaded. I simply didn't do enough miles to warrant it so used the petrol additive.
I bought it from a real Capri fan who lived down on the East Anglian coast, Lowestoft I think. I then had to drive it to Aberdeen which was a bit of a trek.
Shortly after he'd bought it, it featured in a classic car magazine alongside his father's original Brown Mark 1 (first and last Capris being the theme) I had a copy of the magazine which I handed over when I sold it. He certainly did a lot of shows etc so maybe that's when the snap you saw was taken.

For 4 of the years that I owned it, it was stored at a friends farm so I didn't put many miles on it at all. I've got some pictures of it during that time and when I finally put it back on the road. I'd be happy to send them if you're interested. I've also got a scanned copy of a feature the Press and Journal newspaper in Aberdeen ran while I had it.

I'd certainly be interested to see how she's looking now, there was some corrosion on one of the rear wings which I didn't get round to sorting but other than that It was in super condition.
pauliil1948
Donator
Donator
Car(s): D reg 280 , various others

Re: Any body know this 280

Post by pauliil1948 »

Hi there ,nice to hear from you , yes the guy I bought it of passed all the folder and history on to me with the newspaper, nice to have the history of the car ,yes the corrosion on the wheel arch is still there sadly the 2front wings have suffered also ,the roof is very good as is the floor ,boot , and seats a really nice,I intend on running it this year to a few shows (Capri club Scotland) then when the show season is over I will do a bit of a restoration on it and paint,thanks for your reply, I have not figured out how to put photos on here someone did the for me before but I can't get the thing to work for me ,would like any pictures you have got of the car that would be great and I will send you a few of the car as it is now and I will send you some during show season ,many thanks , Paul, have you still got a Capri .
I will send you my email add by pm on here .