Lancaster Insurance

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
79Caprigl
Car(s): Capri 1.6gl (restoration project)

Lancaster Insurance

Post by 79Caprigl »

I've done a search and there seems to be mixed reviews about the company? I've had an excellent quote from them but wanted some advice from here!

Thanks in advance, Shane
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Lancaster Insurance

Post by pbar »

I would currently recommend them, as I have had no issues. Seem very clued up when speaking to them on the phone and e-mail documents come through without issue. I haven't had a claim with them yet though, and that's when you find out how good someone is.

But yes, I like them so far.
79Caprigl
Car(s): Capri 1.6gl (restoration project)

Post by 79Caprigl »

pbar wrote:I would currently recommend them, as I have had no issues. Seem very clued up when speaking to them on the phone and e-mail documents come through without issue. I haven't had a claim with them yet though, and that's when you find out how good someone is.

Thanks for your response, were you able to book online without talking to them or do they do a follow up call?

Cheers, Shane
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

79Caprigl wrote:
pbar wrote:I would currently recommend them, as I have had no issues. Seem very clued up when speaking to them on the phone and e-mail documents come through without issue. I haven't had a claim with them yet though, and that's when you find out how good someone is.

Thanks for your response, were you able to book online without talking to them or do they do a follow up call?

Cheers, Shane
I was with them for a few years and several cars. No problems at all, the premium just seemed to be getting a bit more expensive :?

I always like to speak to them so you can make sure everything is correct :) I call everyone as I don't trust email getting through or being read!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

79Caprigl wrote:

Cheers, Shane
I did it with a phone call. After that, the follow up documents and any other correspondence (such as agreed value) was all done with e-mail.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

79Caprigl wrote:I've done a search and there seems to be mixed reviews about the company?
Hi Shane,
I think if you research any insurance company online you'll read mixed reviews.
If Lancaster offer the cover you want at the best price, then go with them.

Andrew.
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

They're alright. Used to have my old Beetle insured with them. Only issue I had was when it got written off, they wanted me to continue paying that years insurance, despite the car being unusable (it caught fire) and them having taken the car i still had to keep paying them for that years policy which i thought was a bit wrong but other than that they were fine. Their payout allowed me to buy my Capri so guess I should thank them for that at least.
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Post by fordperv »

They are decent, i had no problems when i unfortunately had to claim, they sorted everything quickly with no fuss
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Post by Arya2.0S »

I can also vouch for Admiral. When i had the accident in my Capri they dealt with everything for me (except for finding someone to repair it as i did that myself), they got me my money quickly, despite the other guys insurers refusing to pay out and dragging their feet despite him being the one at fault for the accident. They even threatened them with lawyers and court proceedings if they didn't give me the full amount including my excess back, they soon changed their tone once that happened! That'll show em!
renaulthater
Car(s): Laser laquer red 1600

Post by renaulthater »

Ye they were ok, until I had a claim took them 50 weeks to settle, many phone calls and letters, not used them since
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Nice to here that about Admiral as I went with them also they do a valuation for £10 what lasts 2 years I took all the pictures and sent in threw email was really amazed with what price I got they said £10k and I asked for 7.5k what do I know . :lowrider:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
thefatcapri
Car(s): Custom all-steel X-packed MkIII Capri with 3.9 litre Rover V8

Post by thefatcapri »

I've insured my Fat Capri with Lancaster since it was built - always been good to me. All mods declared and agreed valuation.