Will they fit?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Will they fit?

Post by Arya2.0S »

I am considering buying a set of superlight alloys as seen here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182418340849? ... EBIDX%3AIT
As im a total noob when it comes to wheels and tyres and offsets etc im just wondering if these will fit without problems? I was thinking of putting 205/60r13 tyres on them or are they too big?
Dont want to do anything like rub on the arches or have to have them rolled as thats just totally out of the question, just got the paint the way i want it and i dont want to risk mucking it up by rolling the arches.
Thanks.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: Will they fit?

Post by Not_Anumber »

Well 7x 13 would be optimum for a 205/60/13 tyre as that was the standard setup for the 2.8i. However Im not sure about the offset as generally wheel offsets for front and rear wheel drive stuff is different (though just to confuse things the Sierra which was rwd had fwd offset wheels.) Also are the bolt holes in the right place for Ford ?

I would suggest checking with the vendor as they will have access to a compatibility chart.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

The pcd appears to be incorrect, you want 108
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Oh I'm such a pillock! I didn't see that they were for a Mini! I got them confused with the other ones that are for Ford's, I thought they seemed too cheap, these are the ones I meant, exactly the same just for the right car this time lol
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS ... 9192685181
I'm mainly worried about the tyre size, I have seen Capri's running these rims but not sure what tyre size is best for them.
Little worried by the bit on the auction that says "body mods: possible" also.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I wouldn't have thought you would have any fitting issues with these wheels. The difference in offset between original 7 inch wheels (pepperpots) and these wheels is only 12mm.

Andrew.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

They look great and I'm thinking of putting them on my 3.0S when it eventually gets done. Will probably get the anthracite rather than black finish.

My only concern in relation to putting them on a 2.0s with 205's would be that, with no power steering, you would need muscles like an olympic weight lifter to steer the car at parking speeds.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Paul G wrote:They look great and I'm thinking of putting them on my 3.0S when it eventually gets done. Will probably get the anthracite rather than black finish.

My only concern in relation to putting them on a 2.0s with 205's would be that, with no power steering, you would need muscles like an olympic weight lifter to steer the car at parking speeds.
Would agree that these should fit without any issues but 205s will be seriously heavy to steer at lower speeds... 185/60s would be easier to turn?? Obviously if you a built like a brick wall then stick with 205s :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

D366Y wrote:
Paul G wrote:They look great and I'm thinking of putting them on my 3.0S when it eventually gets done. Will probably get the anthracite rather than black finish.

Would agree that these should fit without any issues but 205s will be seriously heavy to steer at lower speeds... 185/60s would be easier to turn?? Obviously if you a built like a brick wall then stick with 205s :lol:
lol, ive owned non-power steering cars for the past 8 years so, my biceps and shoulders have.....lets say "evolved" to cope lol. Dont mind the little extra burn for the sake of style ;)

Have you fitted your new rims yet D366Y?
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Arya2.0S wrote:
D366Y wrote:

lol, ive owned non-power steering cars for the past 8 years so, my biceps and shoulders have.....lets say "evolved" to cope lol. Dont mind the little extra burn for the sake of style ;)

Have you fitted your new rims yet D366Y?
I did indeed and they look awesome.

No rubbing on any arches or anything, but I feel the rims are slightly exposed and will be getting bigger tyres when I change them for sure.

I'll update me thread with some pictures at some point this weekend
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Ok looking forward to seeing them, as im considering getting those rims instead of superlights if they fit.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Paul G wrote: My only concern in relation to putting them on a 2.0s with 205's would be that, with no power steering, you would need muscles like an olympic weight lifter to steer the car at parking speeds.

I have 205s on my 2.0 - they curse a bit in the garage at MOT time cos they are wimps but its not really a problem.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr