Page 3 of 3

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm
by andyd
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I don't understand it, all these people with highly modified cars that have LEDs in the dash instead of bulbs. Whatever next! :)

Andrew.

I hope you've notified your insurance company of these modifications :whistle: ..... :lol:

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 am
by D366Y
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
D366Y wrote:Couldn't agree more Andrew! I never check the dash anyway!

I check the fuel gauge a lot. The joys of driving a 2.8! :lol:

Andrew.


Haha good point! :lol:

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am
by andyd
D366Y wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
D366Y wrote:Couldn't agree more Andrew! I never check the dash anyway!

I check the fuel gauge a lot. The joys of driving a 2.8! :lol:

Andrew.


Haha good point! :lol:

That's the downside with fairly loud exhausts, you tend to press the right hand pedal a bit too hard at times :lol:

Love it :drive:

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:05 am
by D366Y
andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I check the fuel gauge a lot. The joys of driving a 2.8! :lol:

Andrew.



That's the downside with fairly loud exhausts, you tend to press the right hand pedal a bit too hard at times :lol:

Love it :drive:


Don't I know it... Drove round to Essex last week, me in the capri and my dad followed in his MR2, both dropped down from 5th into third through the tunnels on the M25 :lol:

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm
by Andrew 2.8i
D366Y wrote:Don't I know it... Drove round to Essex last week, me in the capri and my dad followed in his MR2, both dropped down from 5th into third through the tunnels on the M25 :lol:


I can't resist doing the same every time I drive through one of the Brynglas tunnels on the M4! 8-)

Andrew.

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:53 pm
by Arya2.0S
D366Y wrote:
andyd wrote:
Andrew 2.8i wrote:I check the fuel gauge a lot. The joys of driving a 2.8! :lol:

Andrew.



That's the downside with fairly loud exhausts, you tend to press the right hand pedal a bit too hard at times :lol:

Love it :drive:


Don't I know it... Drove round to Essex last week, me in the capri and my dad followed in his MR2, both dropped down from 5th into third through the tunnels on the M25 :lol:


I do that every-time under the fly-over at the Nevendon roundabout. :)

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:41 pm
by Andrew 2.8i
HI All,
Here's my car driving through a tunnel sometime last year.



This is Neil's better video of him and Mark in the much longer Hindhead tunnel.



Andrew.

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:25 pm
by andyd
:applaud: Love it Andrew.
Stick your 'Supercars', not alot sounds better than a Ford V6 through performance exhausts :D

But what the hell were you doing out in the rain? :o :o :o

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm
by Andrew 2.8i
andyd wrote::applaud: Love it Andrew.
Stick your 'Supercars', not alot sounds better than a Ford V6 through performance exhausts :D

:agree:
andyd wrote:But what the hell were you doing out in the rain? :o :o :o

Well, it wasn't raining when I left home. If I'd known about the weather, I would have stayed in bed! :)

Andrew.

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 am
by andyd
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote::applaud: Love it Andrew.
Stick your 'Supercars', not alot sounds better than a Ford V6 through performance exhausts :D

:agree:
andyd wrote:But what the hell were you doing out in the rain? :o :o :o

Well, it wasn't raining when I left home. If I'd known about the weather, I would have stayed in bed! :)

Andrew.

Once it's wet, it's wet, so you may as well keep going.....Queens Square meet looking at the time :)

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:06 am
by Andrew 2.8i
andyd wrote:Once it's wet, it's wet, so you may as well keep going.....Queens Square meet looking at the time :)

Yes, then onto the CCI Nationals afterwards. Two shows in one day! :D

Agree about the rain. There's no point in turning around and going back once you've set out.

Andrew.

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:27 am
by andyd
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Once it's wet, it's wet, so you may as well keep going.....Queens Square meet looking at the time :)

Yes, then onto the CCI Nationals afterwards. Two shows in one day! :D

Agree about the rain. There's no point in turning around and going back once you've set out.

Andrew.

A good day out :applaud:
I like driving early on a Sunday morning, as the roads are pretty quiet :D Not usually so good on the way home around teatime though :(

Are you going to Singleton Park May 1st? The South Wales XROC usually go to that one.

Looks like a good show :)

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 am
by Andrew 2.8i
andyd wrote:Are you going to Singleton Park May 1st? The South Wales XROC usually go to that one.

Looks like a good show :)

Hi Andy,
Yes, I am planning on going to Singleton Park, although it does depend on the weather. As it's held in Swansea it will probably be pouring down. As usual! :lol:
Hopefully there will be a good turn out from the XR boys and girls.

Andrew.

Re: Instrument Cluster Bulb Replacement

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:36 am
by andyd
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Are you going to Singleton Park May 1st? The South Wales XROC usually go to that one.

Looks like a good show :)

Hi Andy,
Yes, I am planning on going to Singleton Park, although it does depend on the weather. As it's held in Swansea it will probably be pouring down. As usual! :lol:
Hopefully there will be a good turn out from the XR boys and girls.

Andrew.

The day after Beaulieu, so hope it's dry for both :)

Pretty sure a few XR's will be there, as they won't do Simply Ford because of it......

:goodluck: