Why is there grease on my brake shoes?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Arya2.0S
Car(s): ford capri 2.0 s

Re: Why is there grease on my brake shoes?

Post by Arya2.0S »

Mc Tool wrote:Image
From Burtons , I guess if your real paranoid about getting ripped to the tune of a raised ridge you could always email them to confirm
The ridge is only about 1.5mm high and the seal on this side is a proper oil seal with the little spring :)
Nice, more sources is always a good thing. Thanks.
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

The bearings from tickover's ebay auction are by auto national, i received a response to my query from the seller.

Anyone ever heard of them? He didnt seem to think i would have and he's right lol.

As for the seller who sold me the incorrect part, urgh. They keep wasting my time trying to "help" me by asking for my cars reg plates so they can "accurately check if this part fits your car", ive explained at least twice now that it isnt a fitment issue as it is a manufacturing oversight, ive explained ad nauseoum the problem with these bearings and the seals not being right and how its not a fitment issue but they just wont listen! I keep getting the same response as above, wtf?!
First of all, i dont give my reg number out to strangers, and second of all if they knew/had/had access to the correct part why arent they selling the fucking things in the first place?! Them searching some copy and pasted database with my reg number isnt going to bloody help, because if it was gonna tell them anything they'd know about this problem already!
This is the sort of shit that annoys me most about this whole "working on cars" thing, you get idiots like this who refuse to listen to you even though your information is more accurate than theirs since if it wasn't this situation would exist to begin with!
Ive told them to just authorise the return/refunds so i can stop wasting time and get the correct bearing from someone else so i can stop driving around with grease leaking onto my bloody brakes.
I'd show you the email correspondence but they are supposed to be confidential.
If they try to fob me off one more time i'm opening a claim with ebay/paypal as refusing to give a refund or return is a violation of UK statutory rights and ebay's own 30-day return policy.
I know people like to think they can make up their own rules on that matter but law is law and you cant just make up your own rules to suit you.
This isnt Trump's America. :doh:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I know it irks but for all the hassle involved Id just put a bit of sealing goo on the outer race and fit them up . The seal on one side is a proper oil seal , not just a dust seal..... so have that side facing in ..... small bead of goo round the outer race , clean the bearing position in the diff and fit them up ...........they wont leak :)
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Arya2.0S

Post by Arya2.0S »

Holy crap! I only ordered these yesterday (Friday) and they arrived the next day! Pretty awesome service from Tickover! I didnt ask for expedited shipping or anything, proper job!

Anyway, here are the "Auto-national" bearings:

They certainly look the business, got that little spring and everything. Yay!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Great stuff!
I know it's been a pain, but you can be smug in the knowledge that you've provided a great service to every other forum user who might need to replace a rear wheel bearing.

Andrew.
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »