Jump Starter Devices

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Jump Starter Devices

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:Hi Paul?

As soon as the freezing cold weather goes away they reduce the price. Typical :lol:
Aldi often do this as stocks go down or they've been in for a while, keep reducing prices until they all go. The good people there have sorted the price difference for me though :)

As you say, these are great devices to have. And, for just £20 you will always be able to start your car within a minute, no matter how long you have left the battery for. For those who drive their Capri's infrequently it's perfect, why bother to ever use a battery charger.
Will01
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6GL 1981 (Track Project) & 2.0 GL 1979(Gone to Capri Heaven)
Alfa 156 GTA (Daily Driver)
Alfa 2.4JTD Sportwagon
Mini Cooper S (Wife's)
Old Jags & Riley's for fun

Post by Will01 »

I always disconnect battery at negative if being left for long period of time, that helps keep the cells in good nick

Don't rely on jumping a battery all the time as it will kill it quickly. SHould only be used as backup.

Also with lead acid batteries if you leave them for long periods with low charge they actually start to produce alot of gas inside cells which can cause buckles in cell and distorts the cells which effects their ability to work aswell.
A Maintenance charger works best here to keep battery level(not fluid) topped up.

Many batteries are maintenance free so you cannot keep the cells topped up or check them for correct fluid level, but otherwise if you can keep topped up with ds-ionised water this also helps keep them going.
Plans have changed to just make a good fun Track Car :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

So some of you may know I forgot to put my trickle charge on and my Capri would not start .
after just 24hrs I noticed the battery is fully charged and now gone on to maintenance mode . Great news .
I will Tax and if the weather is ok Will be doing my Whistble breakfast run Tuesday .

I thought if I drive down and switch off and the car will not start I could be stuck for a hour waiting for the AA .
So I bought this yesterday from Amazon and it came today I read some reviews and you tube links and picked this one as it stated 2 cars that had really dead batteries

Here’s the link 600A Peak 18000mAh Car Jump Starter, Volador 12V Portable Vehicle Battery Booster(Up to 6.0L Gas or 3.0L Diesel Engine), Multifunction Power Bank Auto Emergency Kits with Smart Clamps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074DV7VPB/ ... PAbEKQ7J3Y

Just hope I will never use it . :cool:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer: