Mk3 Capri Radio Fader switch wireing diagram

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Skids
Car(s): BMW 335D M Sport, Sylva Striker ,

Mk3 Capri Radio Fader switch wireing diagram

Post by Skids »

Hi looking for a wiring diagram or picture of a wired up Fader Switch as fitted to a 1984 2.0S ,there are obviously 4 wires from stereo as inputs to the switch but which terminals do they connect to as a previous owner has bypassed the switch and wired it directly to rear speakers only ,want to put it back to standard and utilise the front speakers that are also fitted .
Any guidance appreciated
Thanks
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Mk3 Capri Radio Fader switch wireing diagram

Post by Peter-S »

The switch has colour coded labels that marry up to the colour of the cables so if any of the original wiring is there that should be a starting point.

EDIT
Does this help any

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-mk ... SwoydWj2Kv
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi There,

I recently up-graded my Stereo and I wired out the Fader too, as the new Head can handle this it's self. But, I took care to make a drawing of the wiring, just in case I go back to standard. I've just drawn it out again, as it was quite small on the back of the Instructions for the new one. But, as Peter says, if you have your old wiring still there, it is just a matter of match the colours, but here's my drawing anyway, might help a bit more???

Image20160208_231002 by John Taylor, on Flickr

If you imagine the Lower Section in the drawing, 3 wires to the front and the other 3 Wires to the rear, same for the Upper section... The Feed from the Radio head is Central to each front & rear....

Image20160208_230953 by John Taylor, on Flickr

Well, like I say. Hope this helps, cheers for now,

John...
Skids

Post by Skids »

Peter John
Thanks for your replies and information ,makes things much clearer , I have also found a wiring diagram on the Capri Power Forum if you do a search under radio Fader wiring .I can look forward tonight to reattaching and crimping the mini terminal connectors and hopefully get a sound out of all 4 speakers again .
Thanks again for your assistance
Mark
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I've never really understood why people bypass the fader in the first place. I put a new stereo in and left the fader and it still works a treat.
Skids

Post by Skids »

All fully sorted,working and back to standard set up ,it didn't help that whoever had the doors off when it was painted just cut the speaker wires made no attempt to take them out properly and hadn't bothered to wire them back up again ,but it's good to successfully solve a fault .Thanks for the help guys .