Warm up regulator

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Burtr
Car(s): 2.8i s

Warm up regulator

Post by Burtr »

Hi
I'm replacing the warm up regulator on my Capri 2.8i special as the gas analyser say's it's running 4.5 on idle and lean when you really rev it. I've purchased a reconditioned unit from ATP Electronics (spoke to Steve - nice guy) Has anyone replaced one of these before. Is it easy? Any hints/tips/things i should watch out for? Ta - Burt
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Warm up regulator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Burt,
I haven't actually replaced mine, although I have removed and refitted it, which is much the same thing.

It's easy enough to do. First, disconnect the battery for safety. Disconnect the vacuum pipe and the wiring plug from the WUR and undo the two fuel unions, be prepared with a cloth or two for the inevitable fuel leakage. The unit is held on to the baseplate by two allen head bolts (can't remember the size off hand, sorry).

In the best traditions of the Haynes manual, refitting is a reversal of removal! I used new copper sealing washers on the banjo unions, although this may not be necessary in your case. Retighten the bolts to the specified torque.

That's it, if I remember correctly.

Final step....start engine and enjoy the fruits of your labour! :)

All the best,
Andrew.
Burtr

Post by Burtr »

Wow thanks !
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

I've just had mine off and stripped it - in projects if it interests. As Andrew says, its easy enough. The allen bolt is 5mm. Depending how tight yours are getting them undone will be the only tricky bit as there is not much room between the unit and the steering pump to get any real purchase.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Burtr

Post by Burtr »

Thanks again :applaud: