24v Electrics

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Burnt capri
Car(s): Freshly painted 280 shell.

24v Electrics

Post by Burnt capri »

Still going crazy over not being able to sort my electrics out. So I have my battery in the boot and the large power cable going from the positive terminal to the starter motor, however, should there be a wire connecting the starter to the alternator?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: 24v Electrics

Post by stevemarl »

You need to re-connect the little black wire which used to go to the Batt +ive; that supplies all the electrics in the car, bar the starter. You can connect it to the Heavy +ive at the starter as it serves the same purpose, all connects to the battery. Other than that all the wiring will be as before (including the ballast bypass lead from the solenoid on the starter

Hang on ---- What do you mean by 24v electrics? You`ve surely not got a 24v battery or something??? :? :?
Jayman
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6
Renault Clio 3
Jaguar XJ

Post by Jayman »

I think he means 24 valve
Since I got a capri I've said "over the moon" a lot more than ever before.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry - I just thought :doh: ....... Especially `Burnt Capri`.....
Burnt capri
Car(s): Freshly painted 280 shell.

Post by Burnt capri »

lol. No, indeed it is a 24v cosworth capri. And the burnt part is in reference this, after having a stainless exhaust fitted to my 2.8i turbo

which led to me buying this headache, many many moons ago......

which looks like this now

back to the original post, the car was a bare shell when purchased so knowing what the wiring looked like prior is a problem. However, I had a 2.8i loom adapted by Caprisport and am still more than lost. This has been the biggest headache to date with the car. I just have two bundles of wires and a collection of relays he made up for the inside of the vehicle.

MK1CAPRIME
Car(s): mk1 1.6 capri(restoration.mod)..jaguar s.type every day driver.
land rover discovery es v8 .my wifes. audi v6 cabriolet ..

Post by MK1CAPRIME »

Hi nice car .have you manged to sort your wiring issue .only asking as i have the ford wiring diagram for the 24v cosworth .as im transplanting the boa engine into my mk1 capri widearch ....may be able to help you out
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I have a colleague who is a whizz with these things. He's done the wiring in all the BOA and BOB conversions that I've been involved in.