Clarke Low Profile Trolley Jack

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Clarke Low Profile Trolley Jack

Post by pbar »

peers.dupp wrote: Does this jack come supplied with a case?
No.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Fordoholic Nick wrote:...it can be lifted using the front axle albeit heavy so this will do me fine, although I think I will be using the two handed approach he also mentioned :)
I'd stick with the two handed approach if I was you Nick, holding the mounts where the back wheels are.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

pbar wrote:I'd stick with the two handed approach if I was you Nick, holding the mounts where the back wheels are.
Cheers Paul,

That does sound the best way mate. Probably helps spread the load on the axles too. But like I said to Andrew I wont really be "lifting" it too much around the garage anyway...more "pulling" it I reckon...in fact theres an idea now :idea: I may attach a webbing strap to it so its easy to pull around on the floor... :D

Really looking forward to collecting this Sunday...the missus is at work too ;) ;)

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi,

I cant wait to pick "UP" my trolley jack on Sunday, cause I been feeling a bit "DOWN" recently so this is just the "LIFT" that I need :lol:

My doctor said its very healthy to laugh at your own jokes :)

All the best

Nick
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hi chaps,

Look what I picked up today...

To say I am over the moon is an understatement. Its superb, just like Paul described in his excellent report he did on his one.

It really does slide under the Capri with room to spare...

And it stores perfectly against my garage wall...notice how much more substantial it is compared to my standard trolley jack...

There really is no need for a case for this as you see the substantial handle stays in making it a piece of cake to manoeuvre around the garage. Its sitting ready for action whenever I need it.

This is definitely the best trolley jack that I have owned. A big thanks to Paul again for his great report and recommendation, which was a big help for me making the decision to purchase this one :D

It was very "uplifting" to use it :lol:

All the best

Nick
pbar

Post by pbar »

Brilliant, I'm glad that you got it Nick, and that you're happy with it. I too put my old jack next to it, bit of a difference! :D
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nick,
Looking at the two jacks side by side really shoes the difference between them. The new one looks like it has extra lifting capacity, handy when your boot is weighed down with all of your car cleaning products!

All the best,
Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

peers.dupp wrote:Looking at the two jacks side by side really shoes the difference between them.
Hi,

When I opened the box I was a bit taken aback by its size Andrew, but knew instantly this was the Trolley Jack for me :)

It just looks and feels proper quality, but for a jack so big its amazing how it just slides under the Capri. And the large rubber saddle is brilliant. Having the extra thick handle too gives you that extra reassurance too. Great all round design features. And as Paul said in his original report you can buy all the spare parts for it too if need be.

If Mrs Fordoholic asks me where I got this "new product in my garage" I will tell her I won it in a raffle on this forum...ok guys ;) ;) ;)

But she rarely ventures down to my garage...this message will self destruct in 30 secs... :lol:

All the best

Nick
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Just to add my recommendation to this thread. I used mine for the first time today, and I have to say it is really a vast improvement on my previous jacks. It`s got a MUCH wider track, so feels much more stable, plus the large padded saddle seems much more secure too. The only downside is the weight, but it wheels around the garage easily enough and it`s worth it for the versatility/ ease of use provided by the low profile. I`d definitely recommend it.

Paul; it`s THAT good, Bert`s bought one!
pbar

Post by pbar »

Glad you like it too Steve :D It does feel very secure and confident when lifting doesn't it. Just what Bert needs for that monster of his! It is heavy as you say, but I have found a knack of carrying it (as I often need to).
scottman1962
Car(s): Ford mk3ls 1600l

Post by scottman1962 »

I hope you and jacko,have many a happy times together, and when you are down he gives you the lift you need :D