Hardened Valve seats and LPG

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
cabaret
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0i
Skoda Fabia 1.9 SDI

Hardened Valve seats and LPG

Post by cabaret »

does my Pinto engine from a 1989 granada 2.0I allready have hardened valve seats? reports say from 1990 onwards, Logbook stated it ran on unleaded.

the rear for This question is regarding my LPG powered capri, keep hearing mixed reports about valve recession.

Go Lpg say half the problems ppl blame on LPG is basically bullshit, they give a guide in their mind proving that LPG apparently cannot burn hotter than petrol.

with all the mixed vibes i get i have been keeping a close eye on my capri

so far * touch wood * my capri has not failed me and i have had no problems running on LPG whatsoever must have done more near 70k now aswell.

so ppl say if u wanna run a pinto on lpg you must have hardened valve seats well rports say 1990 onwards had them anyway??
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the chosen one The mighty hand of vengeance sent down to strike the unroadworthy! Im hotter than a rollin dice. Step right up, chum and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Re: Hardened Valve seats and LPG

Post by 340truck »

If your engine is fuel injected then it SHOULD have an unleaded head.