CAPRIS Bristol/Devon/Surrounding areas

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
TobiasLow
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Daily Drive

CAPRIS Bristol/Devon/Surrounding areas

Post by TobiasLow »

As later in this year we never managed to get our meet in at Western Supermare I was wondering if anyone of you guys wanted to try and get a meet in one last time before winter officially arrives. It would be at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.38859 ... !2e0?hl=en around 1-2

LET ME KNOW GUYS :))))

Next Sunday and weather permitted
Last edited by TobiasLow on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: CAPRIS Bristol/Devon/Surrounding areas

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Toby,

It's a shame that the original meet didn't materialise.
I could be up for next Sunday, weather permitting. I'd have to double check for any prior arrangements.

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Hi Toby.
Can't work out the link where is it?
Although probably won't be able to make it due to packing for house move :(

I am in Exeter where are you would be nice to meet up sometime

I saw a White Mk2 2 litre parked up in a side street about half a mile from my house yesterday, wonder if its anyone on here
TobiasLow
Donator
Donator

Post by TobiasLow »

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.38859 ... !2e0?hl=en

Thats fine andrew i know you're weather permitted, would be nice to see you all, this is the new link hopefully it works.

Im down in Kingsbridge, just heading up to western to see family, and thought id try and make the most, try and get one more meet.

Ive seen that white mk2 before in exeter, but it would be great to meet up one day, hopefully you can come up :D

Toby
TobiasLow
Donator
Donator

Post by TobiasLow »

Sadly i think ill have to say this weekend isn't going to happen due to lack of commitment from people, its not worth my fuel to drive all the way up and back, sorry Andrew hopefully another time next year :D

Toby
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

TobiasLow wrote:Sadly i think ill have to say this weekend isn't going to happen due to lack of commitment from people, its not worth my fuel to drive all the way up and back, sorry Andrew hopefully another time next year :D

Toby
Hi Toby,

I been watching this from afar with some envy tbh, because unfortunately I am working this weekend so would not have been able to make it. In fact the next few weekends I am tied up one way or other...

Mate, I am still on a "high" from Brooklands mate so would have been gutted to miss out on this one, especially as I checked out the location you arranged to meet. What a fantastic place, and I would not have been able to go... :crying:

Toby, I hope you do decide to arrange another meet here next year cause I would definitely be up for that one. What a great part of the UK to get some cracking Capris (and owners) together..

All the best

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

TobiasLow wrote:Sadly i think ill have to say this weekend isn't going to happen due to lack of commitment from people, its not worth my fuel to drive all the way up and back, sorry Andrew hopefully another time next year :D
Hi Toby,
It's a shame there is a lack of interest, but let's get something organised for Summer next year.
In the meantime there is a car meet in Bristol on Sunday 12th. There are usually a few Capris attending.

Andrew.
TobiasLow
Donator
Donator

Post by TobiasLow »

Hi Nick sorry you couldn't make it too, hopefully we can get a meet in next year (early) with all of us, i love the spot that we found and id love to meet you all.

Next year april/may my beloved capri is getting a full restoration by myself and a friend so she will be out of action for a few months,

And thanks andrew for letting me know about the bristol meet, i might head up, i just want to go to a car meet! haha

thanks for getting back to me

Toby
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

[quote="TobiasLow"]Hi Nick sorry you couldn't make it too, hopefully we can get a meet in next year (early) with all of us, i love the spot that we found and id love to meet you all.

Hi Toby,

Sounds good perhaps we can meet at Exeter Services and drive up together ??
Will be a nice run as the car will prob be parked up most of the winter.

Andy