mild to wild 2014

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
bunnyboy
Car(s): ford capri 3ltr xpack (daily drive)
ford capri 2ltr laser (daily drive)

mild to wild 2014

Post by bunnyboy »

the potteries capri club will be there from friday camping anyone is free to join us :lol: to celebrate 45 years of the capri :drive:
johnny hill maybe supplying cakes ?? :applaud:
dan the capri fan
Car(s): Black 1986 Ford Capri 1.6 Laser.
Imperial Red 1983 Ford Capri 2.0S (concors winner).
Silver 2002 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec, daily driver.

Re: mild to wild 2014

Post by dan the capri fan »

john hill giving out "FREE" !!! cake :o
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Post by Terra-Kotta »

They will prob be £20 each
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

I didn't think the field was open for camping until the saturday night ready for the sunday show.
Overdrive
Donator
Donator
Car(s): No capris at the moment but the fleet changes every day

Post by Overdrive »

:whistle:
Terra-Kotta wrote:They will prob be £20 each
£10 to get in and £20 for a cake sounds like a bargin shall we go :roll:
Jake

Post by Jake »

Would be interested in some more details as to times etc.

I dont have anything else planned this weekend so was thinking about joining, maybe camping?
dan the capri fan

i went to john hills gaff last year for his nationals show. it was alright some really nice capris there and what my day was seeing the actual minder mk2 capri which is sadly rotting away :( and it was amazing looking through his workshop where theres millions of capri parts but most of it was overpriced tat hes just robbing people.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

dan the capri fan wrote:...most of it was overpriced tat hes just robbing people.
You really need to move away from all this hate you have for John Hill Dan. We would all be a lot worse off in the Capri world if it wasn't for people like him. He is even reproducing (at a very high cost), Capri parts that we simply can't get anymore, for goodness sake! He has never ripped anyone off, simply because you don't have to buy anything. The choice is totally yours. A rip off is something that you have little choice over, TV licence or car tax for example. Not Capri parts.

Capri club renewal is £29.95. You get 12 high quality very informative magazines for that, at £2.50 each.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

To be fair to Dan (and myself) John Hill is a difficult subject on here. Some people like him and what he does, some don't. We all have our reasons for our opinions which we consider valid.

In short the division is about 50/50 and the debate has raged on for years. Best not get involved and leave it!
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

pbar wrote:
dan the capri fan wrote:...most of it was overpriced tat hes just robbing people.
You really need to move away from all this hate you have for John Hill Dan. We would all be a lot worse off in the Capri world if it wasn't for people like him. He is even reproducing (at a very high cost), Capri parts that we simply can't get anymore, for goodness sake! He has never ripped anyone off, simply because you don't have to buy anything. The choice is totally yours. A rip off is something that you have little choice over, TV licence or car tax for example. Not Capri parts.

Capri club renewal is £29.95. You get 12 high quality very informative magazines for that, at £2.50 each.
Agree 100%, well put.
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Every time I've been to a show at Badger's Hill I've enjoyed it. Sometimes more than others and also taking into account that most shows like this have fewer people going than there was ten years back. What all car shows need is support from enthusiasts to make them successful - we know this :!:
There's free camping on offer in a delightfull area of countryside, a vast array of spares on sale, autojumbles where bargains can be found - I've had a new re-cored 2.0 rad for £20, polybushed 2.8 rear arb for a tenner, inner tca new supaflex polies still in the bag for eight quid.
Chance to meet up with peeps on here - I could name quite a team of Capri nuts I've originally met there. Few years back we all got invited to a free live gig accross the road at a neighbouring farm. Lots of trophies for the posh cars to vie for.
It's about three and a half hours drive for me to get there but well worth it.
dan the capri fan

i agree its a good show and they even use to have these races around one of the fields in the 90s to see how fast you could get round the obstacles heres a youtube vid of them racing the capri round the field https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r--uOVUnMs. thats unheard of now lol all they do now is judge the cars. the reason im not a fan of john hill is i dont see the method to his madness. when i was looking around his magnificent workshop i looked at the price of the parts he was selling and the condition of them etc and i came across 2 mk3 capri doors one off a laser and one off a 2.8i both had the rubber side strips and both were still complete the 2.8i door had a price tag of 150 quid and the laser one had a price of 50 quid on it? i also saw 2 mk3 dashes one was 60 quid which had a few cranks on it but the other was cracked and split to f**k but that one was nearly 200 quid? im confused here :headscratch:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

You should be thankful of John Hill, Dan. In ten years time when CCI is possibly no more and you can't drive your Capri around, or you are doing and it's missing bits because you can't get hold of them anymore, you will wish he was back on the scene. Just look at the Capri parcel shelf for example.

We are lucky that we have people like this on the Capri scene, to use if we wish to. The choice is there.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

nigecapri wrote:What all car shows need is support from enthusiasts to make them successful - we know this :!:
Hi,
I agree with this 100%. As the numbers of Capris on the road decline, club membership will proportionately dwindle and the prices of membership and spares will have to rise to compensate, to make the continued running of the CCI viable. Every owner should at least join CCI even if they don't buy any parts from them to ensure it's future for as long as possible.
I agree with pbar's comment that it will have a detrimental effect on the Capri scene if ever the club wasn't around. I think some people forget that John Hill is, after all, running a business.

I'm probably going to Mild for a day out, if the weather's OK. I'm all for supporting the club as much as possible.

Andrew.

Andrew.
340truck
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Rat - GONE
2.8 - GONE
Volvo - GONE
Only 2 Zetec SE Fezzas left now, 1.6 ghia gone. Mk 1 Focus replaces, sticking with 1.6 Zetec SE

Post by 340truck »

I sometimes think I talk to myself........can't we just drop this?