Any experience of this company for parts?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Any experience of this company for parts?

Post by MS Injection »

I'm going to be changing power steering rack soon, and in my search came across 'Car Parts Direct'. They do a rack for £152.95 inclusive of VAT which is much less than anywhere else. Anybody have any experience of them, their quality etc? Particularly re: steering racks?
Terra-Kotta
Car(s): Pinto/crossflow guru.

Re: Any experience of this company for parts?

Post by Terra-Kotta »

No. Not here.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
I bought my power steering rack last year from Euro Car Parts. They had to order it in especially and charged £175 including VAT, minus the £60 surcharge upon return of the old rack.
Most places that sell reconditioned steering racks get them from the same supplier, Delco Remy.

Andrew.
scherrit
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri Laser 2.0 street sleeper.

Post by scherrit »

yup I have ordered bits and bobs over the years, seemed good to me, they have an older car part ordering line, or used to anyway, with a helpful bloke (Martin??) on the other end. I kept an ancient Fiat Tempura (sp???) and a Nissan Sunny on the road for years beyond their recommended retirement ages using bits from CPD.
MS Injection
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Ford Capri 2.8 Injection Special

Post by MS Injection »

I ended up getting my steering rack from them in the end. I can recommend this company.

It was the lowest price steering rack I could find anywhere (£120 odd + VAT). I ended up having to collect from Derby (not that far away from me) because they could not get it to me in time for me to fit if I waited for delivery. Despite not being down to them, when I collected the rack Martin had left me 2 litres of ATF, track rod ends and a set of wiper blades for free to make up for me having to collect.

Their service was stand out and their value for money excellent. They don't carry the whole range of things you'd ever need for a Capri but it's an extra supplier in the 'phone book.