Side Mirror

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
mrc081
Car(s): Capri MK3 2.8i (Used for weekends and shows), Fiesta MK3 (used for shows and weekends), Cortina MK3 (Restoration Project)

Side Mirror

Post by mrc081 »

Hi,

Does anyone know if the passenger side mirror can be fitted with the internal adjustment mechanism as the one available on the driver side?

i have a slit in my upholstery which either was done by mistake or else it looks as if the passenger side can be also regulated from the inside like the driver's side.

Any ideas are welcome as I never found a passenger side one for sale including the mechanism.

Thanks
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Re: Side Mirror

Post by Noel »

Nope. Standard passenger side mirror is the standard 70s/80s Ford manual mirror.

Only way to make it adjustable is to source a left-hand-drive fully adjustable one from a contentinental / German breaker.
Or try searching out London Taxi parts. The old FX4s use the same mirror and have adjustable ones both sides.
coyb1878
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1982 2.8i black over silver (good condition but not perfect)

Post by coyb1878 »

My 1982 2.8 LHD (French) has an electric passenger mirror with the toggle switch thingy sticking out below the dash ashtray. It looks standard and I "think" it is, but always wondered if that's a continental Europe option from the time. Anyone know?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

You will be able to get the mechanical adjust one from europe as obviously it was drivers side over there. Try ebay.de; capri spiegel
I think electric was probably somebodies ingenuity!