fuel tank testing

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
scherrit
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri Laser 2.0 street sleeper.

fuel tank testing

Post by scherrit »

Hi,
I have an eBay tank which was cheap as chips so need to check a) that it's an injection tank and b) that it doesn't leak......

I have a Laser and so an not familiar with the injection tank- should I be able to see the swirl pot arrangement through a hole?

also I was going in the direction of sealing up all the holes and (gently) raising the internal pressure and looking for blowing with a soap solution- is that going to be good enough??

Also is anyone close to me in Berkshire done an injection conversion who will let me pop across and look at their piping and wiring set up?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: fuel tank testing

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

scherrit wrote:Hi,
I have an eBay tank which was cheap as chips so need to check a) that it's an injection tank and b) that it doesn't leak......

I have a Laser and so an not familiar with the injection tank- should I be able to see the swirl pot arrangement through a hole?

also I was going in the direction of sealing up all the holes and (gently) raising the internal pressure and looking for blowing with a soap solution- is that going to be good enough??

Also is anyone close to me in Berkshire done an injection conversion who will let me pop across and look at their piping and wiring set up?
Hi there,
Just curious, is this the one that was in Ammanford?
All the best,
Andrew.
scherrit
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri Laser 2.0 street sleeper.

Re: fuel tank testing

Post by scherrit »

yup fetched it fri.
S/

PS I have his number if anyone wants goodies- he has an un-cracked dash (said he wanted £100 which was too much for me- I'm after go, not show at the moment...) and a dash with very minor crack, also bumpers with corners, and some other odds- he will ebay them soonish.