Suggestions for sound system?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
William Walters

Suggestions for sound system?

Post by William Walters »

Hi,

I currently have the original tape deck in my capri, a long with the original speakers which have all blown. I hooked up a couple parcel shelf speakers but they're not ideal..

As much as I love the classic look, could anyone suggest modern audio players that suit it and don't stick out too much? Also, any suggestions on speakers that I should buy (for front and rear)?

Thanks!
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Suggestions for sound system?

Post by pbar »

Keep the classic look, and put a modern stereo in the glove box, then you get the best of both worlds. Halfords sell an excellent mount for doing this. JVC (amongst others) do a range which all have remote controls, so no leaning over either. And the Capri glove box is plenty big enough, still leaves plenty of room, for...gloves, and stuff.
emily92
Car(s): Ford capri laser 2.0 daily driver.

Post by emily92 »

William Walters

Post by William Walters »

Glovebox stereo is quite a smart plan, I'm not too fussed about having a modern-looking one though! I meant more that I don't want a huge thing that sticks out with big flashing lights!

This is my first car, and I know next to nothing about car stereos.. will any stereo I pick up fit and work easily with no trouble of do connections etc. differ?

Also, any speaker suggestions?
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

If the car has the standard wiring for the original stereo still, then you will have to manually wire/make the connections for a modern stereo. Probably by adapting the wiring harness that will come with the new one. Don't worry though, it's pretty straightforward to do.
vp-reynolds2
Car(s): cappa lazer

Post by vp-reynolds2 »

Give me a shout on my email [email protected]. I'll point you direct to the right alpine speakers that fit the stock housing (that have the best sound for "stock fit" with proof) and I can give you full assist (with photos and description) of the best, least invasive wiring modifications to perform so to fit a modern head unit as least hasstle free. If you want.