Cry for help

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Zapnut
Car(s): Black 2.8 injection special

Cry for help

Post by Zapnut »

Hi Everyone, I am in desperate need of replacement hub assembly’s in including the control arms and heat cover, both sides for my 2.8 inj special.
Following an unfortunate encounter with a curb my wheels are currently pointing in different directions, the garage has had the car for about two weeks now, they have tried replacing just about everything with no luck and have narrowed it down to bent control arms.
However im having a nightmare time trying to find replacements.
I have been looking for a few days with no luck so if someone could point me in the right direction it’d be much appreciated.

Im located in Bracknell but the car is in Reading (Maybank Garage, not sure if anyone here has had experience with them?) Need to get this ASAP.

Regards
fordperv
Car(s): too many

Re: Cry for help

Post by fordperv »

Try Martin at Caprigear 01507 343148
Zapnut
Car(s): Black 2.8 injection special

Post by Zapnut »

Nice one ill give that a go!
ThatGuy
Car(s): 1986 2.0 laser

Post by ThatGuy »

I'd give tickover a shout Aswell they've always been good for me. Hope it gets sorted soon buddy, it's nice to see someone else in my area with a capri Aswell :lowrider:
Ratty as fuck
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I have the hubs and anti roll bar. I don't have the steering arms but I think Rally design or Capri club sell them new.
Gray18
Car(s): 2007 fiesta zetec s
1983 2.8 Injection

Post by Gray18 »

Could be chassis leg damage?? Dependant on what force you hit the curb, your could have a slight twist in the chassis.
chris_v888
Car(s): pontiac formula 400 (restoration project)

Post by chris_v888 »

hi it sounds like the not looking in the right place? track control arms on flebay qh ones twenty odd quid but could be bent strut good luck