Alarm and central locking fitting info... NOW FITTED!

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Lyons
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8i 4spd Caspian Blue over Silver with pepperpots or the daily driver - a ford transit!

Alarm and central locking fitting info... NOW FITTED!

Post by Lyons »

I know there's a few threads on this great forum regarding fitting of various kits etc. I just wanted to get a clear picture of what I have to do... I am pretty handy and will always get stuck into jobs like this....

So firstly, the kit... That doesn't come with any instructions!

CLICK HERE

I'm handy enough to follow some basic instructions wiring wise, assuming I needs constant live, that being the fag lighter, for the hazard flash I tap into the feed to the hazard switch, then probably a case of guessing which wire plugs into which slot etc... anything else I'm missing?
And for the location and fitting on the slave and master solanoids... I know the door cards come off, but aside from that I'm a bit lost so help on the form of child friendly pictures would be nice :sorry: or just a clear guide as to what I'm drilling/bending/fettling etc... Think the rest of the alarm wiring is simple enough, the siren can get fed direct from the battery, an I think that would be that, again though, any pointers or glaring omissions I've missed please let me know...

Any help would be appreciated, a payment of beer and endless brews can be issued in exchange for someone local to St. Helens lending a hand :beer:
Last edited by Lyons on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark, from St Helens - Lancashire, drive a 2.8i - 4 on the floor!

-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Re: Alarm and central locking fitting info...

Post by -JC- »

Full Wiring Diagram and Operation instruction is included.
On request we can supply wiring diagrams for the particular make and model FREE of charge. Available For most of the cars
^^^ I'd get back in contact with the seller! ^^^
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
Lyons
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.8i 4spd Caspian Blue over Silver with pepperpots or the daily driver - a ford transit!

Post by Lyons »

Oh I did indeed, seems like a nice enough bloke like but I would have liked a diagram to work off, or at least some instructions...
Hi, unfortunately no one makes wiring for your vehicle, because wiring is pretty simple there. if you do not understand one or the other connection give us a call and I will explain it to you
Hence my need for help lol :banghead:

Matty2148
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Mk1 GLX

Post by Matty2148 »

The door motors are faily simple to work out, take the door cards off, look at the pin on the door to lock the door, the rod moves up and down, you need to clamp your arms from the motors onto these arms and your done. Should be easy enough, as for getting power. Have a look at the fuse box instead, theres some constant power connections there and only need a spade connector, makes for a better job than crimping wires.
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Ah sweet mate doesn't sound like too much hassle, need to whip off my door card anyway to change the passenger mirror, so ill try and kill a few birds with one stone...

Here's to hoping anyway... :whistle:

markthetart
Car(s): 2.8i special nimbus grey

Post by markthetart »

not intending to put a downer on your new purchase but £30 for all that seem s a little on the cheap side to say the least.

i looked into having central locking and elec.windows then found SPAL do all three (and variants of) that all work with each other. they are still current and upgradeable but youre talking £130 windows £60 locking and £150+ for the alarm system.
it has total closure (Closes windows and locks doors and sets alarm) anti car jacking, perimeter detection and every part is available new.
if youve a really nice car it may serve you better to have a rethink and invest abit more?

good luck
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Yes I'm looking into a thatcham product, just money is tight and need must for now, it's better than nothing... I Like the originality of my cappa, but the security is a bit too original lol

Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Well after spending all morning fitting it... I managed to get as far as the central locking... All wired in and working well, the hardest part, and I mean hard, was feeding 5 extra wires thru the door grommet into the cabin, f*uck me rigid it was ball ache, but its all tucked away nicely behind the clock, which I used for me permanent live feed, need to wire in the alarm siren and shock sensor but all the hard work is done now, pleased with result, only for the door grommits it would have been a couple of hours max to get as far as I did, will get it boxed off next weekend easy!

Plus the cappa is getting treated to a set of Ashley manifolds and a hand built stainless system on Wednesday... Canny wait!

vp-reynolds2
Car(s): cappa lazer

Re: Alarm and central locking fitting info... NOW FITTED!

Post by vp-reynolds2 »

seems an awful lot of security i kept mine simple
here is how
i left the car absolutely original and unlocked for good measure
earlier i fitted a 130-150db three barrel air compressed legitimate illegal old school train horn and a 110 db vocal speaker that cries fire fire fire in a shrieking voice for the shits and giggles to the carburetor cut off positive
anyway some cull came out and tried their luck the other month
Ive never seen someone run so fast
Ive also never had such a neighborly response before
i dislike those that hear an alarm and don't move to even look
Ive since rigged the system simply to the bonnet switch also (now installed)
Ive also put up a motion detecting halogen outside calibrated to catch head height within 1-2 meters of the car (in my driveway) to a buzzer in my room
I'm currently waiting for round two
Jayman
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6
Renault Clio 3
Jaguar XJ

Post by Jayman »

vp-reynolds2 wrote:seems an awful lot of security i kept mine simple
here is how
i left the car absolutely original and unlocked for good measure
earlier i fitted a 130-150db three barrel air compressed legitimate illegal old school train horn and a 110 db vocal speaker that cries fire fire fire in a shrieking voice for the shits and giggles to the carburetor cut off positive
anyway some cull came out and tried their luck the other month
Ive never seen someone run so fast
Ive also never had such a neighborly response before
i dislike those that hear an alarm and don't move to even look
Ive since rigged the system simply to the bonnet switch also (now installed)
Ive also put up a motion detecting halogen outside calibrated to catch head height within 1-2 meters of the car (in my driveway) to a buzzer in my room
I'm currently waiting for round two
rig a camera up and show us :P
Since I got a capri I've said "over the moon" a lot more than ever before.
Adlen85
Car(s): Black Capri 2.0S

Post by Adlen85 »

St. Helen's isn't that far from me, could have given you a hand! I know my way around an alarm system and the one in my Capri works great!
Lyons
Donator
Donator

Post by Lyons »

Bollocks lol... If only I knew... had a f*ckin mare with the wires gettin thru the door, all sorted now, but ill remember for next time :wave:

Adlen85
Car(s): Black Capri 2.0S

Post by Adlen85 »

Lyons wrote:Bollocks lol... If only I knew... had a f*ckin mare with the wires gettin thru the door, all sorted now, but ill remember for next time :wave:
Best way to do it is take out the Ford rubber tunnel and replace it with one off a newer car, think mine's an Almera one I pulled out of the scrappy, piece of piss then! :lol: