Couple of daft questions?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
jazzleigh20
Car(s): Ford Capri Mk111 1.6 Laser 1987

Couple of daft questions?

Post by jazzleigh20 »

Hi Guys

Ive got a couple of questions which may seem daft but any help you could give me would be much appreciated!

1) I took the instument clocks out yesterday with the intention of putting the white dial kit on, only problem is I couldnt work out how to get the needles off? I ddint want to damage anything so I put it all back together. If someone could let me know how they got their white dial kit on I would really appreciate it :)

2) My instrument lights dont work, they did untill I attempted to fix the rear brake light. The bulbs look fine and the handbreak lights etc still work. Any ideas?

Thanks guys :)

Jazz
Ghia15
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1981 3.0 Ghia (Restoration Project), 1982 2.0's (Long term project), 1993 BMW E34 520i, 1999 Volvo V70 (Sold to the Parents)

Re: Couple of daft questions?

Post by Ghia15 »

Hi,

for the first question the needles just gently pull off the main clocks, can't remember how i did the side ones but think they are double layered and i separated them out to put the dials on.

Took about an hour to do with a complete strip down and rebuild of the binacle.

The best way to do it is to take your time, look at how it comes apart and be gentle.
Adlen85
Car(s): Black Capri 2.0S

Post by Adlen85 »

As above for the needles.

As for instrument illumination, make sure all the pins are making good contact with the tabs on the back of the clocks, no breaks in the blue printed circuit board, etc. While you're in there you might as well take all the blue caps off or do a proper LED conversion (see my thread 'Bright Enough' for some pictures). Chances are a knocked wire, if you have a multimeter even better!

I could do an LED conversion on a spare white clock bucket in return for your old one and £20, will keep the working circuit board on it too. Blue, white, red, green or amber.
elliecharlie2008
Donator
Donator
Car(s): many many capris

Post by elliecharlie2008 »

text incoming jazz :)