Gas Strut

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Ian Ibbeson
Car(s): Just buying a ford capri 2.0 laser in blue d reg good condition and ver original , picking it up in Essex next week . Was hoping for a 2.8 but cannot find one ats reasonable . Anyway looking forward to driving it . Everyone says its a mid life crisis .

Gas Strut

Post by Ian Ibbeson »

I am replacing my window struts either getting them regassed or new , my question is . There is two wires from the heated window attached to the struts and the new ones do not have this as they are not conductive . How or what do i do with the wires if i get new ones ?
Adlen85
Car(s): Black Capri 2.0S

Re: Gas Strut

Post by Adlen85 »

You're best off getting conductive ones, I got some off Martin at CapriGear for £30 posted a few weeks ago, I'd give him my business before getting non-conductive ones and wiring it up.

If you choose to go that route though you'll have to run a wire from top to bottom of the struts and crimp some terminals on. The one on the nearside is for the wiper park function and the offside one is for the heated screen. The problem there is that you'll probably end up trapping the wire when you close the boot unless you get curly ones like what you get on phones but that won't look great and will probably not cost much less than a decent pair from CapriGear :lol: