What is missing?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
SpikeCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri X-Pack 1987

What is missing?

Post by SpikeCapri »

Can anyone tell me what part is missing from my carb?

Bug
Car(s): Some

Re: What is missing?

Post by Bug »

Nothing!
Some models had an anti-stall diaphragm there, so the engine could be run leaner (if it started to die, the increased vacuum acted on the diaphragm and gave a little squirt of fuel to wake it up again)
The carb bodies were all made to the same pattern, but not all had that fitted. As long as it runs ok you don't have anything missing.
SpikeCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri X-Pack 1987

Post by SpikeCapri »

That is good news, but is it meant to piss out fuel? It's not squirtig out or anything but rather slowly dripping
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

SpikeCapri wrote:That is good news, but is it meant to piss out fuel? It's not squirtig out or anything but rather slowly dripping
No its not! That suggests your carb was originally one with the antistall diaphragm fitted. Those without it didn't have the drillings opened out.
So, it looks like you need to either find the bits needed to re-instate the antistall system, or probably better, make up some kind of blank and seal to close it off.
You could just get hold of the correct cover and fit a antistall diaphragm, but not connect the vacuum pipe to it. This will seal it ok.
Maybe chat to Caprigear and see if he has any old carbs you could cannibalise?
metalheaven
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford capri 2.8i Special 85' matte black deathproof tribute

Post by metalheaven »

Could just fill holes with some chemical metal, resistant to fuel. Few times i have used it
to fix a hole in a tank
WARNING: Liable to go sideways at any time!