Bonnet lining help

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
StuTCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8i Special (The car I always promised myself), Audi A6 2.5tdi Quattro, Renault Clio 1.5dci (Daily Driver), Peugot 206cc (The better halfs)

Bonnet lining help

Post by StuTCapri »

Hey guys and girls,
At first I thought I had a problem with a sticking accelerator cable but it turns out its just the bonnet lining in the engine bay drooping down. I've had a prod around and checked that all the screws are in correctly which they are yet the lining still impedes the accelerator spring. It's a 2.8i and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to overcome it? Ideally I do not want to remove the lining as i like originality but just want to get it back up out of the way to where it should be.
Many thanks in advanced.
Stu
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Re: Bonnet lining help

Post by Supercharged Nat »

3M double sided tape under the saggy bits? that should help, Im not sure if it hold up against the heat but worth a try. make sure theres no grerase etc first.
Strigon Two
Car(s): MCC Smart Roadster Coupe

Post by Strigon Two »

Could also cut some of the lining off above the problem area, leaving the rest intact?
~ jayseatonphotography.co.uk
StuTCapri
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.8i Special (The car I always promised myself), Audi A6 2.5tdi Quattro, Renault Clio 1.5dci (Daily Driver), Peugot 206cc (The better halfs)

Post by StuTCapri »

Cheers for the advice guys, I tried so double sided tape but the lining is heavy and so just pulled it down. I dont want to cut it up so I've taken it out for the time and might try modifying some coat hangers and feeding them into it to see if they keep it in shape. Thanks again